Home
Guys, Waterfowl neophyte here. We jump shot a few more ducks this fall and actually saw good numbers along our little stretch of creek we hunt. Now we want to try decoying them into a creek that is about 15 feet wide. Thinking a robo duck and maybe a dozen decoys tops.

Are a dozen Duck Commander decoys for around $90 a good enough solution? I think that is the last thing we need for next fall and they may end up in a Christmas stocking.
You can buy on Ebay for less $ sometime's i hunt a small creek here in Kansas with a small spread and a robo duck the ducks see the flash of the robo duck and drop in.some states you cant use the motorized deeks.good luck...
Oh Snap, Pretty much what we have in mind. I'll double check but I think it is okay to use the robo duck here. We've got our waders and son got another duck call for Christmas. Must say I am really looking forward to a new fall hobby. Thanks
Sometimes just 1 or 2 decoys are like magic....

It's hard not to chase all the cool and "new" things...

Long story short, Find the "X" spot and hunt it....
We use greehead gear in the impoundments (ponds) and herters own the open water. Two to five dozen in ponds and 250 to 400 in open water(divers) on net rigs. Take ten minutes to put out....
Can't afford 12 dozen expensive pintails.... Flambeau has yet to fail me..... If you are in the spot, all will be well.
We are hard on dekes, so I don't buy expensive ones. I would buy some Flambeau and use the rest on shot.

JM

© 24hourcampfire