Home
I thought I would share this information to keep fellow campers from running into the same problem I have experienced. This info is for 20ga 3" Remington Hyper Sonic Waterfowl shells. On two occasions once with Bass Pro and once with Gander Mountain. I have placed orders for 20ga 3" Hyper Sonic shells. Each time that I ordered HSS20M3 which are according to Remington's, Bass Pro, and Gander Mountain's on line catalog 20ga 3" 1oz #3 shot, I have received 7/8 oz shot. Now I realize that an 1/8th of an oz of shot is not much. But if you advertise that HSS20M3, OR HSS20M4 contain 1 oz of shot of #3 OR #4 that's what you should receive. According to a sales clerk at Gander Mountain, Remington has placed the wrong bar code stamp on many, many cases of 3" 20ga #3 and #4 shot. Therefore you think you are ordering 1oz of either #3 OR #4 shot, you will be shipped 7/8 oz shot shells. I talked to a very nice lady at Remington's Ammo Plant in Lonoke, AR, and she promised to get back with me in the next couple of days. Caveat emptor guys.

G2
I encountered the same thing on 12 gauge shells that were listed on the box as 1 1/4 ounce. Upon opening the box, all the shells inside are marked as 1 1/8. This is on at least a dozen boxes.
After seeing MULTIPLE guns go down with breakage using these shells last season, I don't plan on using them anyhow. They are too hot in my opinion.

BTW, one way to get more powder in a shell and make the remaining shot go faster is to reduce the amount of shot in the shell....
© 24hourcampfire