Home
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Layout blinds - 12/10/14
I'm looking for a couple of layout blinds. I'm just getting into goose and duck hunting, but I've been really enjoying it. There aren't any places to put up permanent blinds here as much of the hunting is in wheat fields or milo stubble. I was looking at the Rogers blinds, but have no experience. What would you guys suggest?
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Layout blinds - 12/10/14
If you have to carry them very far I like the Tanglefree or the Avery Finisher. If you can trailer in or drive a truck the room of the Eliminator Pro Guide is awesome but they don't fold.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Layout blinds - 12/10/14
Talk to the farmer and see if he will let you put in one of these!

http://bradleyblinds.com/

You'll be spoiled forever and have no excuses why not to hunt.
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: Layout blinds - 12/10/14
Luckily I think I can drive to almost every place that we hunt.
Posted By: SuperSeal110 Re: Layout blinds - 12/11/14
Avery power hunters hands down.

We avoid coffin blinds...
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: Layout blinds - 12/11/14
What's the difference in a coffin blind and a layout? The ones I used last year had a door on each side that opened in the middle.
Posted By: shootAI Re: Layout blinds - 12/11/14
I use the cabelas mobile 1 cause it folds up and I can move it where I want. It's plenty big and comfortable. I also have a Rodgers goose buster low-pro XL and I love it. I usually hunt in it when friends come and put them in the mobile 1. Rodgers is made high quality and fair but not great price.
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: Layout blinds - 12/11/14
This is the one I've been looking at:
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com...rs-lp-xl-layout-blind-in-max-4-camo.html
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Layout blinds - 12/12/14
Originally Posted by SuperSeal110
Avery power hunters hands down.

We avoid coffin blinds...

This. The only time I use my peo guide xl is when it's super cold and I wanna put a sleeping bag inside the blind. Other than that the pro hunters are about as low profile and "user friendly" as it gets
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Layout blinds - 12/15/14
I used Averys a few years ago and they worked well (I don't remember the model numbers). Layout blinds are great, right up to the point you get like me and your old bad back won't let you sit up to shoot very fast. It got to the point where by the time I was in a position to shoot the other guys were getting out of their blinds to pick up dead birds. Back to the pit blinds and the stand-up blinds for me!
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Layout blinds - 12/16/14
Since you say you can drive to your spots, so can I.
I bought a Banded RIP blind so I could put my 90 pound buddy inside with me.
It's huge, very comfortable, has a steel frame, but it heavy.
Here's from this evenings hunt.
[Linked Image]
Trap waiting for me to finish putting on heavy clothes.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 30338 Re: Layout blinds - 12/16/14
That dog knows the routine!
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Layout blinds - 12/17/14
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I used Averys a few years ago and they worked well (I don't remember the model numbers). Layout blinds are great, right up to the point you get like me and your old bad back won't let you sit up to shoot very fast. It got to the point where by the time I was in a position to shoot the other guys were getting out of their blinds to pick up dead birds. Back to the pit blinds and the stand-up blinds for me!

Final approach makes a spring loaded layout seat to help you with that
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Layout blinds - 12/17/14
It would have to be a spring similar to the front coil on a Yukon to get me into a sitting position grin . Not because I'm big, but rather my back is just too stiff.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Layout blinds - 12/18/14
Here is the link from F/A

http://www.primos.com/products/ground-blinds/up-n-at-em/
Posted By: Campboss Re: Layout blinds - 01/05/15
Avery Finisher blinds are great. They are light enough to carry and fold down well for storage in your truck or trailer. Keep in mind the ease of setting up since it is often done in the dark. In my experience with layout blinds, you get what you pay for. While many of the blinds are less expensive, you can't beat having a comfortable and durable layout blind.
© 24hourcampfire