Home
I have not duck hunted for over 15 years. I really wanted my son to experience it so I decided to give it a go again. My son is an avid hunter with deer, bear and turkey under his belt, so he was dying to get his first duck.

We got a new lab that is a little over a year old and decided to hunt her. I gave him a H&K import Benelli SBE for Christmas, and today was our first duck hunt together.

We doubled on a couple of Mallards; he got the drake. He was happy, happy happy. They came right in to our calls and dekes with wings cupped. We had a few wood duck opportunities, but just could not get on them.

It was a slow morning overall, but very successful for us in a bunch of ways.

[Linked Image]

Great!!! Fine looking company you have!
That is awesome congrats.
Great picture. Congrats to you both.
Man thats awesome ! Good on you brother..

ps. You may have put it on for pics but if not remove the collar to keep it from snaggin on branches during retrieve, they can be a killer. A dog vest in flooded swamps can be the same.
Very cool! Sounds like your a great Dad!
Originally Posted by Strick9
Man thats awesome ! Good on you brother..

ps. You may have put it on for pics but if not remove the collar to keep it from snaggin on branches during retrieve, they can be a killer. A dog vest in flooded swamps can be the same.

Did not consider the collar getting snagged. Thanks brother.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Congrats on a successful hunt. May there be many more!!!!
Lucky kid indeed. First duck and a SBE! Your a good pop.

I gave mine my old browning gold, he aint get'n my SBE, not till I croak anyway.
© 24hourcampfire