Home
Posted By: TackDriven Benjamin Marauder - 03/21/12
Anyone have any hands on experience with the Benjamin Marauder in .22 or .25 ?
Also anyone use the hand pump ? how much effort is involved ?
Thanks
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Benjamin Marauder - 03/21/12
Don't have one, but here's some vids....

This guy knows his stuff on airguns..!

Posted By: Wingnut53 Re: Benjamin Marauder - 03/21/12
I have watched all of Ted's videos. The boy can shoot an airgun.
Posted By: ruger438 Re: Benjamin Marauder - 03/22/12
I have one in .22 about 2 years now. Really like it. I use it mainly for shooting European starlings. I have shot some groundhogs with it just to see how it worked. It worked but I would not recommend it for groundhogs ,at least not in the .22 version. Would be interesting to see what a .25 does

For starlings, pigeons, sqirrels, crows, etc, it's perfect.

Quiet, very accurate, and a lot smoother shooting than a spring gun.

The pump works, not to much effort IMHO, I'm 40 and in decent shape, but wouldn't run any marathons.

After 2 years the pump just went south.

I have it apart and seems a fairly simple rebuild with o-rings, but that remains to be seen for certain. I'll know as soon as I get some o-rings together.
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Benjamin Marauder - 03/27/12
Yes he sure can, I am looking at getting one, for the sole reason, I can target shoot on my property with out making nuisance. The closest public range in 78 miles away. Looks the the Benjamin Marauder might just be what I am looking for. Any kind of shooting is going to be a worth while.
Posted By: dukxdog Re: Benjamin Marauder - 03/28/12
I have a Marauder .25 caliber. My only airgun. Mounted a 4-16X mildot scope on it. It is very accurate with JSB Exact pellets and that's all I shoot. I have access to a 70yd indoor range so I know what the gun is capable of for accuracy. The barrels on the .25's are made by Green Mountain. I kill pigeons and Starlings with it in my yard and at work out of the billboard signs. They go down when hit!
I like the 8 shot mags and have three of them with me.
I just received the HDD from AofAriz. I'll install it pretty soon along with a dePinger. I fill with a 3300psi 100cf SCUBA tank. Hand pump takes to long and is a lot of work so I hear. The .25 is a hunter's gun. It may not get the number of shots per fill that the .22 gets but things die when hit.
Posted By: jim62 Re: Benjamin Marauder - 03/29/12
Originally Posted by dukxdog
I have a Marauder .25 caliber. My only airgun. Mounted a 4-16X mildot scope on it. It is very accurate with JSB Exact pellets and that's all I shoot. I have access to a 70yd indoor range so I know what the gun is capable of for accuracy. The barrels on the .25's are made by Green Mountain. I kill pigeons and Starlings with it in my yard and at work out of the billboard signs. They go down when hit!
I like the 8 shot mags and have three of them with me.
I just received tI fill with a 3300psi 100cf SCUBA tank. Hand pump takes to long and is a lot of work so I hear.

I a not being critical of you for using scuba tanks etc, but their is a lot of Bullschit about hand pumps on the internet.

Unless you are lazy or handiapped, ,pumping the Marauder up with a Hand pump is no big deal. It's all I use- I have the same 4 year old gen 2 Benjamin hand pump that came with my Discovery Combo I bought in 2008. It works fine.

Posted By: dukxdog Re: Benjamin Marauder - 03/29/12
Like I said, I never used a hand pump just heard the feedback on them. Glad you like your pump.
Posted By: XL5 Re: Benjamin Marauder - 04/01/12
How is the .22 for overpenetration on starlings and the like?
Posted By: ruger438 Re: Benjamin Marauder - 04/01/12
well you don't want your tin roof behind a starling. Don't ask how I know....

But you can adjust the valve and hammer if you like tinkering to slow it down.
Posted By: jim62 Re: Benjamin Marauder - 04/02/12
Originally Posted by ruger438
well you don't want your tin roof behind a starling. Don't ask how I know....

Hee Hee.. grin

Usually, it's no trick to get a nice gaping hole on a Starling.

I did head shoot one the other day up pretty close with my Marauder (which is set to full power ) and got an interesting result.

I hit it right in the eye from an upward angle from the side. I used the Crosman 14g HP .22 cal pellets and heard a solid WHACK when I hit him at about 20 yards.

I rolled him over and there was NO exit at all. The pellet must have hit the thickest part of the skull and stayed there..

Weird.
Posted By: Sawcut Re: Benjamin Marauder - 05/05/12
I picked up a Maruauder a few months ago just for fun target practice in my yard and basement. I'm not big into airguns, but wanted something to plink with since I cant make it to the range that often. Even though it was a bit expensive, it is the best money I've spent on a rifle in a while. Great for practice: quiet (not silent, but less than a spring rifle), accurate and inexpensive shooting. I really like mine. First time I shot it in my basement, granted only 10 yards, it was all into one jagged hole. What sold me was it is a bolt action repeater, so you can practice your hold and trigger, without having to break open the rifle for each shot. Get one, and shoot the hell out of it. I tried hard to use it to practice my form, and on range day with my centerfire rifle,I was shooting very well.
Posted By: jim62 Re: Benjamin Marauder - 05/06/12
Originally Posted by Sawcut
I picked up a Maruauder a few months ago just for fun target practice in my yard and basement. I'm not big into airguns, but wanted something to plink with since I cant make it to the range that often. Even though it was a bit expensive, it is the best money I've spent on a rifle in a while. Great for practice: quiet (not silent, but less than a spring rifle), accurate and inexpensive shooting. I really like mine. First time I shot it in my basement, granted only 10 yards, it was all into one jagged hole. What sold me was it is a bolt action repeater, so you can practice your hold and trigger, without having to break open the rifle for each shot. Get one, and shoot the hell out of it. I tried hard to use it to practice my form, and on range day with my centerfire rifle,I was shooting very well.

What caliber is your rifle in?

I sure like my .22 MDR
Posted By: hemiallen Re: Benjamin Marauder - 07/13/12
You will enjoy one if you decide to buy...

Allen
© 24hourcampfire