Home
Posted By: Rustyzipper Pellet Trap - 04/12/14
Anyone ever use the five gallon bucket filled with one bag of black rubber mulch? Anything to do but put the mulch in the bucket and fasten the lid? TIA
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Pellet Trap - 04/13/14
I use a 22 LR bullet trap
Posted By: Snyper Re: Pellet Trap - 04/13/14
A bucket full of rags or some old towels would work better
Your lid won't last long, so I'd cut a hole in the center and cover that with cloth that could be replaced easily
Posted By: hangmancreek I do pretty much - 04/13/14
what Snyper does. The plastic bucket with a window cut in it and rolled up towels, old jeans, etc inside. I tape a piece of replaceable cardboard over the cutout window to put targets on. It's simple, cheap, clean. No mulch falling out. Easy to retrieve the spent pellets (I give them to bullet casters).

Works for me.
Posted By: centershot Re: I do pretty much - 04/14/14
I broke down and bought a .22lr steel trap.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: I do pretty much - 04/15/14
The closest neighbor can hear me shoot from 200 yards away as hear says I'm ringing the dinner bell when my 22 and 25 cal Marauder hits the steel trap.
Posted By: goalie Re: I do pretty much - 04/16/14
Champion .22LR bullet trap.

Buy once, cry once.

As for sound, build a box for around it and insulate with spray-foam, or just put some towels on the back when shooting, and the ringing stops.
Posted By: centershot Re: I do pretty much - 04/16/14
I throw some burlap or tarps over mine, really take the tink out of it. I think mine is a Champion also - about $80, but works excellent and is very safe.
Posted By: BlindMouse2of3 Re: I do pretty much - 04/20/14
Duct seal also works very well. Shoot it and reform. If you go on the yellow forum that's what most of the extreme pellet gunners use.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: I do pretty much - 05/02/14
I think duct seal on the back of my Champion 22 trap might help. But I'm going to go with the bucket type in several versions too. I don't need to cut a window. One will form when I shoot. I will tape the targets on each time.
Posted By: carlm Re: I do pretty much - 07/05/14
I bought a trap from Straight Shooters in St. Cloud, MN (no affiliation). It had 5# of ballistic putty in it and is not too loud.
Posted By: GBLars Re: I do pretty much - 07/08/14
Bought Champion, very happy
Posted By: Timbo Re: I do pretty much - 07/10/14
Plumbers putty works well for pellet traps.
© 24hourcampfire