Home
Posted By: centershot Chuck Shoot w/ the R9 - 05/30/14
Been busy the last couple weekends working over the local Rock Chuck populations. Somewhere in the 8-10 dozen range so far.
It's not over, but the targets are getting pretty sparse![Linked Image]
Posted By: hangmancreek Re: Chuck Shoot w/ the R9 - 05/30/14
You did well!

Tell us a little more, such as shooting distance, pellets used, etc.
Posted By: centershot Re: Chuck Shoot w/ the R9 - 05/30/14
Most shot are from 25-40 yards. A few a bit longer if there is no wind. I shoot Crosman Premier Hollow Points 14.3gr at about 650 fps. I try to hit them between the eye and ear for a quick clean kill. This rig will take them out with a lung shot, but head shots are quicker and often DRT. My areas are in semi rural areas with some houses around so shooting with a .22lr is not safe, but the pellet rifle on the other hand is a perfect tool for the job. I have been thumping between 150-300 of these guys each spring for about 8-10 years now. It seems each year a little more and a little more gets developed and I'm slowly loosing my areas. Still a lot of fun and a lot of off season shooting practice.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Chuck Shoot w/ the R9 - 06/09/14
That's some good hunting right there.
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Chuck Shoot w/ the R9 - 06/10/14
That's some mighty fine shooting with air to the head. Very impressive sir. You have shamed and inspired me both.
Posted By: centershot Re: Chuck Shoot w/ the R9 - 06/10/14
Nothing quite like that first time you hit a rock pile in the spring time! A regular shooting gallery!
Posted By: Swift Re: Chuck Shoot w/ the R9 - 06/22/14
Nice!!
© 24hourcampfire