Home
Have about 500 pellets through this MAC1 .22 Benjamin Discovery... and it's a kick in the pants to shoot. Thought I'd run it out to 100 yds today on the steel. It's tough to shoot a group, when you're holding off 4.5 MILs high and 2 MILs of wind.... but I put all 10 of the 15.9 grain JSB domes in a 4" group.

For you ballistic gack buffs.... 799fps, 15.9 grains, .031 BC.... up 4.5 MILs from a 50yd zero..

[Linked Image]

It's a killer too... 88 yards...

[Linked Image]
I found quite a difference in trajectory between the .22 and .177 at 100 yards using a RWS springer type rifle, not sure on how the hitting power between the two is at that distance though?
I did this with my rammed HW80 in .177 @ 100 yards, lasered.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Light breeze right to left @ 1-2 mph, enough to hold right 1 dot, & 4 dots high.
All shots were rested off a bag. This was done last year just to see if I could hit it consistently. I'm happy with the results.
That's good shooting with a springer... I can't shoot a piston gun to save my life.

It's fun watching the pellets fly... and drop into the target. I'm going to try and catch some video of it today.
Okay, I had to give mine a run. Benjamin Marauder .25 as it came out of the box with a Burris 4-12RA. I didn't attempt to adjust POI as it's sighted for backyard pests, just threw a couple pillows on the table and let fly 10 rounds at 95 paces.

[Linked Image]
That is bad Azz Josh!

What scope are you guys running?
tmitch.... That looks great... I really like the Mrod in .25.. What pellet/velocity you running.... and what kind of shot count you get?

Pop... I'm running a 4-16x Firefield on mine... they're under $100 at Sportsmans. I don't use the turrets, just hold over/under.

I'm getting an average of 799fps (+/- 10fps) for 20 shots with the JSB 15.9 grain pellets. Looking forward to running the 18.1 JSBs soon.

Got this guy trying to swipe some hay on Wednesday.... 68 yards...

[Linked Image]
Nice!
That group was shot with 31 grain Beeman Kodiak Extra Heavys. It really likes 25.4 grain JSB Exact Kings also, but I ran out of them and still have a few more tins of Kodiaks to shoot up. Its been awhile since I've ran it through the chrono but IIRC it was around 800 for the Kodiaks and 850 for the JSBs. I usually run 3 clips (24 shots) off a 3000# charge. I've never gotten into plotting shot strings and such, as long as it hits close to point of aim I'm happy.
Posted By: RJM Re: Long Range Pellet shooting... - 09/15/14
Originally Posted by xposo
I did this with my rammed HW80 in .177 @ 100 yards, lasered.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Light breeze right to left @ 1-2 mph, enough to hold right 1 dot, & 4 dots high.
All shots were rested off a bag. This was done last year just to see if I could hit it consistently. I'm happy with the results.

Gas ram or not for a break barrel that is a fabulous group....!!!

Bob

I use a Sharps for long range pallet shooting...

[Linked Image]
Haha! Good un! Did it make book? Looks like the left G2x4 is messed up.
© 24hourcampfire