Home
Posted By: Bootsfishing Big game air? - 11/06/14
Anyone here hunt deer with those more expensive, larger caliber air guns?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Big game air? - 12/24/14
I think it's mostly a stunt. If you look at the velocities the big bores produce, it's like hunting with a .38 Special or maybe a low power .45 Colt load in a revolver. Will it kill stuff? Sure. Is it a practical and ethical hunting tool for large game? Not so much by my standards.
Posted By: DIXIEDOG Re: Big game air? - 12/25/14
I don't believe it is legal around here. I wouldn't mind using an air rifle for coyotes, given the lack of restrictions on moderating sound on an air rifle I think it would be great to shoot a .45 colt level rifle with no hearing protection without completely breaking the bank and jumping through hoops.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Big game air? - 01/13/15
Check out the Fieldsports line of British videos on You Tube. Lots of airgun stuff.
Watched a test of a .30 airgun on fox heads. Pretty scary.
Posted By: Hogeye Re: Big game air? - 01/16/15
Air rifles are legal for deer in Missouri, and work if you can get close enough. A .44 carbine has twice the range and half the weight, but an air rifle (AR?) smile would be fun if you want a challenge.
Posted By: RJM Re: Big game air? - 01/27/15
SHOTGUN NEWS has an excellent review of the new AirForce TEXAN... .45 caliber and will run bullets up to 1000 fps... I have a Condor SS right now and will be saving my pennies for one of these...

Bob
© 24hourcampfire