Home
He was pecking on my rough cedar siding and I was not having any of it. My trusty RWS Model 45 Diana made him see the error of his ways.
whelennut
Woody? No No, say it ain't so. grin
Originally Posted by whelennut
He was pecking on my rough cedar siding and I was not having any of it. My trusty RWS Model 45 Diana made him see the error of his ways.
whelennut

Great. Go ahead and admit to a Federal felony on an open forum.

http://www.mn-wildlifecontrol.com/woodpeckers.html
Kinda what I was thinking. Not that I disagree with whacking one that needs it. SSS
ahh the catch 22 of participating in an online forum..Lol
Akin to the DSMFers that rob some place or deal drugs or similar, and post photos and claims on FaceBook and Twitter.
It was no woodpecker. It was just a
peckerwood.
What's it like to be so scared of the gov't ?

If a protected -not protected or even an extinct critter starts tearing my house up it's getting shot.
Mail the Dead Frigging Woodpecker to the White House and tell them to Kiss Your Ass
It was just a
peckerwood.

According to a black guy that I used to work with, that is a racist word. miles
What is wrong with you?
Your first thought should have been that the bird was telling you about the food living in that siding. Geez...
The idiocy on this thread is mind boggling.
Lots of destructive, overpopulated winged pests protected by the migratory bird treaty that shoudn't be. Fugg the stupid azzholes that protect these varmints. If the last living critter of it's kind starts destroying my property it's going to be extinct pronto.
What caliber and distance to target did you use? Is your rifle scoped or open sights? I prefer open sites myself because of the barrel droop effect. Scopes are nice for low light though.

We have a terrible problem with hoards of long tailed grackles here in Central Texas, they are a pest and not originally from here. But because they are Federally protected we cannot admit to shooting them, poison, etc. I bet people do it though.
Originally Posted by 4ager

+2

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be so hard on yourself ... laugh
Cost over $3000.00 to replace woodpecker damaged rough cedar siding on my home this past spring. Pest control services won't touch them and depredation permits in my state take months to get if you're lucky. Tried sparkle tape and that worked for a while but the they came back then miraculously they went away 😇. Regulations have overwhelmed common sense
SSS is just too complex?

4ager is right.
Going dolphin fishing this week and grizz hunting next month.

Will post results.

Dave
Originally Posted by woods_walker
Your first thought should have been that the bird was telling you about the food living in that siding. Geez...

Uh, yeah, you should have thanked that bird rather than shoot it. I had a woodpecker bang away on the fascia board on my roof line and that just told me that I had a bug problem. The board looked like swiss cheese from damage from Carpenter Bee larvae. You should have thanked that woodpecker and called an exterminator.
Originally Posted by deflave
Going dolphin fishing this week and grizz hunting next month.

Will post results.

Dave

Well, how did it go? Any luck? ??? smile

You should have thrown in an eagle or Wisconsin Wolf hunt as well
Originally Posted by ol_mike
What's it like to be so scared of the gov't ?

If a protected -not protected or even an extinct critter starts tearing my house up it's getting shot.

You have every right to be as stupid in public as you desire.
That won't change the fact it's still a Federal offense.
.[/quote]
That won't change the fact it's still a Federal offense. [/quote]

Only if you get caught
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Snyper

Only if you get caught

No, it's still a crime regardless of whether you get caught, just like any other.

Bragging about it on the 'net, on an open forum, remains classically stupid as well.
[quote=Snyper]

Only if you get caught

No, it's still a crime regardless of whether you get caught, just like any other.

Bragging about it on the 'net, on an open forum, remains classically stupid as well. [/quote

Oh well
I would say it's only against the law if you get caught

You'd be wrong.

Unless, of course, rape or murder or theft is only against the law if you get caught as well.

You'd be wrong.

Unless, of course, rape or murder or theft is only against the law if you get caught as well.

I think a woodpecker is a little different than rape, murder

You'd be wrong.

I think a woodpecker is a little different than rape, murder

Either the law is the law, or it isn't.

I notice you left out theft. Rather telling...
Government steals so it can't be breaking the law well heck they even murder too. I bet you even broke the law in your life
Government steals so it can't be breaking the law well heck they even murder too. I bet you even broke the law in your life

Trying to squirm out ain't gonna help you much.

Clearly you have no problems stealing if you don't think you'll get caught. Poaching, too, in all likelihood.

Great set of morals and ethics you have on display.

No doubt you'd get along fine with Hitlery and all manner of other criminal elements you'd be likely to find in Philly and Pittsburgh who believe they can do whatever they want (rape, steal, murder, deal drugs, molest kids, etc.), because it's only illegal if they get caught. You've clearly got much in common with them; please, do continue expounding upon your morality and ethical code.

Clearly you have no problems stealing if you don't think you'll get caught. Poaching, too, in all likelihood.

No doubt you'd get along fine with Hitlery and all manner of other criminal elements you'd be likely to find in Philly and Pittsburgh who believe they can do whatever they want (rape, steal, murder, deal drugs, molest kids, etc.), because it's only illegal if they get caught. You've clearly got much in common with them; please, do continue expounding upon your morality and ethical code.

Shhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone

Shhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone

Don't have to; you're doing in a fine job of accurately portraying yourself as immoral and unethical.
Did I shoot the woodpecker?
If a woodpecker was pecking on my house his pecked wouldn't be working no more and that's a fact
If a woodpecker was pecking on my house his pecked wouldn't be working no more that I tell you for a fact

I've no doubt you'd break the law, any law at all if you thought you wouldn't get caught (by your own admissions).

Would you also compound your unlawful, unethical behavior with utter stupidity by bragging about it on an open forum on the Internet?

There are two hints there, going all the way back to the OP.
I can do this all day
So 4ager you never broke the law
You're obviously too congenitally stupid to understand the two hints. No surprise there, as you're in PA and such things are simply a given in that location.

You're obviously too congenitally stupid to understand the two hints. No surprise there, as you're in PA and such things are simply a given in that location.

Nothing to say about that huh, you never broke the law, and yes I live Iin PA, what does that have to do with anything? Only thing I agree with you on is, is stating it on open forum but he did what he had to do

Nothing to say about that huh, you never broke the law, and yes I live Iin PA, what does that have to do with anything? Only thing I agree with you on is, is stating it on open forum but he did what he had to do

There are so many laws on the books that it is practically impossible to not break one or two almost daily. There's a huge difference between breaking one unintentionally, or doing as you have said you would/have done and the OP did and breaking one intentionally. The compounded idiocy of then bragging about it on an open forum on the Internet seems to be the one hint you actually caught. Congratulations...
If there was a woodpecker tearing up my house I would have done the same thing

There are so many laws on the books that it is practically impossible to not break one or two almost daily. There's a huge difference between breaking one unintentionally, or doing as you have said you would/have done and the OP did and breaking one intentionally. The compounded idiocy of then bragging about it on an open forum on the Internet seems to be the one hint you actually caught. Congratulations... [/quote]

So when your doing 60mph in a 55mph zone your not intentionally breaking the law or changing lane without turn singles
Keep trying to justify your earlier stated positions; ain't gonna work.
Good answer
Here I was beginning to think you were a modern day Jesus

Not even close. Never claimed to be.

Though, it's pretty obvious that you're a modern day Democrat.

"Mrs. Clinton, did you know it was illegal to send classified and top secret documents over an unsecure e-mail and server? Gemby58 says it's only illegal if I get caught."

God help you try to instill any ethics or moral discipline in any children you might have; the "it's only against the rules/illegal if you get caught" motto is a great one... crazy
Originally Posted by poboy
It was no woodpecker. It was just a
peckerwood.

Yep, the peckerwood shot the woodpecker.
Government does this everyday she got caught. If she didn't we wouldn't be talking about it today
Government does this everyday she got caught. If she didn't we wouldn't be talking about it today

So, because someone or something else breaks laws that makes it okay for you to break any law you feel like breaking, so long as you don't get caught?

I go right back to that bit about how interesting such a moral and ethical compass would make raising kids...
[quote=gemby58]Government does this everyday she got caught. If she didn't we wouldn't be talking about it today

So, because someone or something else breaks laws that makes it okay for you to break any law you feel like breaking, so long as you don't get caught?

I go right back to that bit about how interesting such a moral and ethical compass would make raising kids... [/quote

I guess a good one. My one son is a district judge, other is a state trooper

I go right back to that bit about how interesting such a moral and ethical compass would make raising kids...

I guess a good one. My one son is a district judge, other is a state trooper

Clearly, they had a prime example of what not to do and chose the right path in life because of it. Good for them.

Pose your motto ("It's only illegal if I get caught") to them and get their take on it. Betcha I know the answer...
AMEN

Pow!
I bet they wish they turn out like me. They have get up in the morning and go to work I get up and go out back and shoot, don't worry, there's no woodpeckers on my range.

You'd be wrong.

"gemby" pretty much tells me everything I want/need to know and yes the level of idiocy on this thread is mindboggling and of course also explains the mess we find ourselves in...
Brings to mind the 3 S's- "shoot, shovel, shut up".
Not dissing the OP. But not sure I'd post such things.
Just caught my neighbors cat with a treble hook.

Gonna skin it and post a "how to" on Facebook later.

Clark
Hope ya didn't foul hook it!
Originally Posted by HE112
What caliber and distance to target did you use? Is your rifle scoped or open sights? I prefer open sites myself because of the barrel droop effect. Scopes are nice for low light though.

We have a terrible problem with hoards of long tailed grackles here in Central Texas, they are a pest and not originally from here. But because they are Federally protected we cannot admit to shooting them, poison, etc. I bet people do it though.

Grackles aren't protected.
Conrad, I believe grackles are protected under the same stupid treaty that protects crows and magpies.. I could be wrong... I have also heard from a fairly reliable source that these birds can be killed when doing damage or about to do damage... They are ALWAYS ABOUT TO DO DAMAGE...
Again I did not read this, but I know several state game laws state crows may be taken when they are doing damage..
Graces are protected under federal law it's on the books, too bad my bullet can't read
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Grackles aren't protected.

The fugk they isn't.

Dave
Starlings and English or House sparrows, and domestic pigeons are generally unprotected most places. Grackles used to be unprotected in PA, but I don't know about now. Bluejays were unprotected in PA as well at one time, but fall under the crow treaty now, as well as probably the general ban on killing songbirds.

At the time I got my first couple of non-res PA licenses, there was actually a bounty on Great Horned owls. Not so much nowadays!
© 24hourcampfire