Home
Just ordered a Beeman RS2 dual caliber .177and .22 and wondering what to expect. Anyone have experience with this model?
Thanks,
David
I now have experience.....don't recommend it.
It's a shame to see Beeman stick their names on the cheap stuff. I guess the pressure from Gamo, Crosman and the other Spanish and Chinese guns are forcing them to sell cheap stuff to compete.
Originally Posted by CasualShooter

Sorry to hear, but it's as Timbo said. Just like a lot of companies, they feel they need to sell at a "price point" to compete. But in the end, you get what you pay for.
Very true. I have a RWS model 48 that I had tuned and just purchased a Weihrauch HW95. Both are quality guns and the HW95 was the bargain of all.
Originally Posted by CasualShooter

I'm wondering what the problem is/was? I've been eyeballin the cheaper springers & gas rams & noticed that the "silver kodiak" had a 5 star rating...the R2 had solid 4 1/2 star...

For the price, most people seem happy...what problems are you having?
My original purpose for buying the R2 was to shoot BB's in the .177 barrel and have the .22 barrel. Can't shoot BB's as they roll down the barrel and out when you attempt to load... but the manual specifically does not recommend using BB's. I don't have a specific problem with the rifle other than the overall workmanship is just not what I was expecting (maybe my expectations were not realistic). If you are in the market for this type rifle I will gladly make you a deal as the rifle is like new...I just put it away.
Thanks,
David

I'd never shoot steel BB's in a rifled barrel other than the cheapo multiple pump guns designed for it. You can buy lead BB's that will work, but I've found the accuracy terrible.
Timbo,
I agree. It was a project that sorta happened but really should have been done differently.

In all fairness to the rifle, if it had been my first instead of following the RWS and Weilrauch I probably would not have complaints. Only had high expectations because of the Beeman name.

Thanks,
David
Rifle traded.
© 24hourcampfire