Home
Posted By: Sponxx Plinking surprise - 04/25/16
Had the airgun out for some plinking fun with the kids.
It is a Weihrauch HW30S. I mounted a SS 6x42MQ that will reside in a CZ452 22LR, but decided to try it.
It is long, so had to mount it quite back for the break barrel to work. The gun has a short LOP, so my eye ends up being quite far back and barely make contact with the buttpad, however it works great for the kids.
After a bit I sat down and shot this group with cheap Daisy pellets.
First 3 shots went into 2 holes. Was hitting about 1mil high at 10m, so I clicked, and held on a different POA, and shot 5 more. 1 of them tore the paper, but still good 8 shot group with crappy pellets.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LouisB Re: Plinking surprise - 05/04/16
With that group, obviously they are not crappy pellets.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Plinking surprise - 05/05/16
Originally Posted by LouisB

Sponxx is kinda picky. "Detail Oriented", you might say. grin

Ed
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Plinking surprise - 05/06/16
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by LouisB

Sponxx is kinda picky. "Detail Oriented", you might say. grin

Ed

Well they were the cheapest I could find for the kids to get trigger time, actually some of them were looser in the bore than others. I guess the flyers flew "in" this time grin

I'll try some real groups with JSBs, RWS, Beeman wadcutters, may even "splurge" and buy some target/competition ones just to see what the gun is capable of.
Ed has a higher concept of me than I do... I'm sure if my mom knew what he said, she would jump in and set him straight wink . I do find accuracy appealing though, as a measure of how I am progressing.

Posted By: centershot Re: Plinking surprise - 05/09/16
I had the Beeman (R7) version for a few years. Wonderful little rifle. One hole groups were the norm for it.
© 24hourcampfire