Home
I've got a Hatsan AT44PA in .25 cal. due to arrive this Friday http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_AT44PA_Long_Air_Rifle/3225/6252 & am wondering what the most effective moderator would be for quieting it down...TKO? Claque? Other? I'd like it to be thin enough to keep the iron/plastic sights in play, for in the field backup but am planning on eventually putting a 2 MOA red dot on it before the regular small game season begins...Suggestions?
Posted By: Terryk Re: Best moderator for a PCP? - 06/08/16
Claque
Tis the way I'm leaning...
Posted By: Timbo Re: Best moderator for a PCP? - 06/09/16
The TKO is the only one I've personally used, but it made a huge improvement on my Discovery.
Anything would probably be a big improvement over an unmuzzled
PCP...I know the TKOs are good, but from all I've read, Claque seems to have the best product....(he's proud of it too)
Posted By: Timbo Re: Best moderator for a PCP? - 06/10/16
I'm what I've heard about the prices, they better be good smile
Posted By: Terryk Re: Best moderator for a PCP? - 06/11/16
Originally Posted by Timbo
I'm what I've heard about the prices, they better be good smile

Airgun models are probably in the 150.00 range. No registration fees.
I was quoted $135
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Best moderator for a PCP? - 06/12/16
I suggest you contact Allen Zasadny, 319 327 4303. The man does really good work, can also rework your valves / springs to optimize for desired power setting and flat power curve. He's been building them right for more than 20years.....

I had a AZ shrouded rapid (sold it) and still own my AZ AA410TDR. The only thing you hear is the pellet cutting through the air.

[Linked Image]

David
Posted By: KuiLei Re: Best moderator for a PCP? - 06/13/16
Ummm.. Isn't it Neil Clague that builds the moderators? Or is this someone new?
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Best moderator for a PCP? - 06/13/16
Allen Zasadny has been around a LOT longer than Claque. He does more than build moderators. He's an accomplished PCP airgunsmith, very prominent in Field Target circles.

David
Originally Posted by Canazes9
I suggest you contact Allen Zasadny, 319 327 4303. The man does really good work, can also rework your valves / springs to optimize for desired power setting and flat power curve. He's been building them right for more than 20years.....

Other than a moderator, I really don't have any plans to modify the gun. I bought it 2nd hand as a basic hunting gun for the local small game, including turkeys...if the loud crack didn't spook the nearby critters, I wouldn't bother. I probably should have waited on a cheap marauder, but the price I paid for the Hatsan was just too good to pass up.
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Best moderator for a PCP? - 06/13/16
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Other than a moderator, I really don't have any plans to modify the gun. I bought it 2nd hand as a basic hunting gun for the local small game, including turkeys...if the loud crack didn't spook the nearby critters, I wouldn't bother. I probably should have waited on a cheap marauder, but the price I paid for the Hatsan was just too good to pass up.

Have you chronied it yet? A lot of unregulated PCP 's have problems w/ their power curves (sometimes even the regged guns have problems).

David
I haven't shot it yet because none of the local shops have .25 caliber pellets & I also need an adapter for my pump...I do have a chrony & will be testing it as soon as the pellets & adapter come in from PA. (probably next monday). I'll worry about problems if and when they happen.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Best moderator for a PCP? - 07/02/16
I would go Clegue or BWalton also.

I have two others TKO and a BWalton, TKO on a Disco and the AT44 sports a BWalton. Neither would be city lot friendly without some noise reduction.

I have a center fire range here at the house so the only reason for the moderator is to reduce the number of times my quarry jumps the pellets arrival.
Grackles are not stupid . . . Well the stupid ones become/are now deceased.
© 24hourcampfire