Home
I see that Higginsons, the Cdn importer for Hodgdon powders among others, has officially made the announcement to discontinue several IMR powders. Product link farther down with discontinued powders listed.

The following IMR powders are now discontinued.

Voids don't remain that way for long. Making lemonade from lemons, I am assuming that they are consolidating their Hodgdon/IMR line to reduce inventory and eliminate overlap. What will we see going forward?

https://higginsonpowders.com/images/Powder2022.pdf
I wonder if hodgdon is discontinuing those powders or is it just a Canada deal..
I wish Hodgdon would bring back SR4759. It was probably the best cast bullet powder ever made. They discontinued it once before but then resurrected it, so one can always hope.

Nick
interesting as some are built in canada ...
Years ago, the Cdn made powder was shipped over the border in bulk in train cars. It was repackaged and some made its way back here. The price was marked up, transportation costs and tax added. and we got to pay more.

Higginson received most of their powders bulk and repackaged them. Reloaders could save a buck or two buying it that way. Shipping was better too. 1 lb rectangular boxes fit better into boxes.
They might just be renaming some powders that were made by ADI. Clays was an ADI powder that is now made in Canada .
The Endurons were already made in Canada. Weird that they would discontinue a "local" supply for one that could potentially be more difficult to source/import.
That’s a shame. 4166 in particular, it was an improved Varget.
Originally Posted by RickF

That's what I used it for. Damn. Oh well. I still have enough for a while
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

It possibly doesn't matter to you. You don't live in Canada and it is a Canadian importer ceasing to import those listed powders.

You need to check to your suppliers if those powders are discontinued in the USA.
It sounds like they are discontinued by Hodgdon, so not just a Canadian thing.
It would be nice if Hodgdon could just be left out of the equation. GD
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

I have quite a bit of 4166 left, bought when Varget availability dried up. Only rifle using it right now is my son's 45-70. Should last awhile.

Still nursing my Varget supply along as it is my goto powder for my 416 Remington and 338-06's. Really hoping it become more readily available soon.
General Dynamics, a USA military supply company owns the plant in Quebec that makes IMR powders. My guess ( just a guess) is that they are making all the powder they can for the USA military and the Canadian reloading market cannot compete with that demand and the US contracts take precedence over sales to the civilian consumer market. Sucks, but that's life in the military - industrial complex.
© 24hourcampfire