Home
Posted By: 219 Wasp InterSurplus - 11/16/23
This firm has a bunch of Swedish M96 rifles for sale in 30-06 caliber. Prices in the $250 - $350 range. Has anyone seen any of these? It seems like the magazine would need modification.
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: InterSurplus - 11/16/23
Originally Posted by 219 Wasp
This firm has a bunch of Swedish M96 rifles for sale in 30-06 caliber. Prices in the $250 - $350 range. Has anyone seen any of these? It seems like the magazine would need modification.

I saw that. I wonder if they are old stock that Tradeex had on their site before they closed? I saw a few other businesses with what appeared to have old Tradeex stock advertised.

I know Swedish steel is good, but I would probably back off 2 grains from 30-06 max if I was loading for that particular rifle.
Posted By: 219 Wasp Re: InterSurplus - 11/16/23
sure looks like the Tradex stuff.
Posted By: downwindtracker2 Re: InterSurplus - 11/16/23
The M-96 is a two lug action, the M-98 has the third safety lug that is why some question using the M-96. The other is less than stellar gas handling. But many use the pre-64 M-70 Winchester for most any loads which has worse gas handling. Hey,before you get on me, I use P-17s. About 20 years ago,I was working the butts at an F-class competition with old timer and we were talking guns. He was getting velocities with his 6.5x55 that rivaled my 264WM ! And he lived to boast about it.

They would make good canoe rifles, but I would load 30-06 to European 6.5x55 pressure levels.
Posted By: 8MMX57JS Re: InterSurplus - 11/16/23
Tradex Closed. Inter surplus took over that part of the market. Apparently these are recently come from Sweden. They brought in new lots, i ended up with a few 98's to play with. Great customer service and rifles as described.

But back to the 96 action, I'm assuming the magazines are modified to handle the 30-06 COAL. I had one in 9.3x62 a few years back and worked fine.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: InterSurplus - 11/16/23
Evenin, I just found this place, GNG surplus. In Quebec I think. Some used combination guns at good prices!!! Lots of 6.5x55s and 30-06s. Tempted to pick up a 12ga-222 just for a truck gun. Wondered if this just started up with trade x stock. GWPGUY. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: InterSurplus - 11/16/23
It’s nice to see that someone took up the slack.

Four years ago, almost to the day, I bought a Husqvarna M38 in VG condition for $200 from Tradeex. With the 6.5 CM being so popular, used 6.5x55s can be had for great prices!
© 24hourcampfire