Home
I took these earlier after cleaning the barrel down to the metal. Although the rifling/part of the chamber looks like it's marked up, it is not worn after several thousand shots downrange, This started life as a 22 Hornet Handi rifle, but was rechambered to a K-Hornet. The fibres are what's left of patches that have been down the bore. One of my spring projects. This rifle and two others - a new Contender 22 Hornet and a 22 K-Hornet I got a while back.

Now is a good time to clean your guns.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nah, guys here don't clean their rifles.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Nah, guys here don't clean their rifles.

That’s a shame. frown
The carbon ring in that bore needs attention.
Looks like there is still some copper in there too. I like the Liquid Wrench penetrating oil for the carbon. GD
The bottom line, I guess, is that that barrel is not clean.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Chamber marks and condition - 03/11/24
Definitely not clean down to bare metal.
Originally Posted by Dinny
Definitely not clean down to bare metal.

That’s right!
We must have all misunderstood.
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
We must have all misunderstood.

Yes, you did. Nothing gets a conversation going faster around here than posting something controversial.

I don't know about Ajax, but Boraxo hand cleaner will clean that barrel right out. It has about a 120 grit abrasive in it. Comet will get the copper out too. That barrel could use some abrasive. GD
Originally Posted by greydog
I don't know about Ajax, but Boraxo hand cleaner will clean that barrel right out. It has about a 120 grit abrasive in it. Comet will get the copper out too. That barrel could use some abrasive. GD

Yes, it needs a little more work. I've got some JB bore paste here somewhere. smile
ThorroCkean and Iosso brushes will melt that Carbon right out if there.
© 24hourcampfire