Home
I'm looking for a Whitetail/Mule Deer hunt the week of Thanksgiving.

My first priority would be a big whitetail, so a lesser quality mulie would be acceptable.

Any ideas or suggestions as to province and/or outfitter would be greatly appreciated.
Alberta or Saskachewan are probably your best bet and it is even colder there then than in the Adks., something to be aware of. I would prefer Alberta as I like the terrain better, but, Sask. has some FINE hunting and both are far easier to hunt than BC is.

There is "some" good deer hunting here in BC, but, it is spotty compared to AB and SK. Manitoba is closer, but, I am not familiar with the situation there. Not much specific advice, but, it might help a bit.
I can vouch for northern Alberta as I hunted there several times for whitetail, bear, and elk.

No shortage of big mulies up there either, just on a pretty restrictive tag program.
Alberta is certainly an attractive option. Just wondering what else is out there.
Be sure to consult the game regulations for the province(s) you are considering. Keep in mind that the date of your Thanksgiving is not the same as ours therefore some Canadian posters might make reference to dates which don't relate to what you are interested in.
"North Star Outfitters Alberta" had a combo opening a couple of weeks ago if it is still available.
The outfitters are getting booked up for 2008, you may need to hurry or settle for 2009.
Plenty of good combo white tail/mule deer hunting in Sask., but unfortunately Mulies are legal for residents-only. There are plenty enough Mule deer to share, but we can't. Alberta is the only viable option that I know of.
Thanks StrayDog, sent him an e-mail.

Thanks Cast, I'll scratcg Sask off my list.

Keep em coming!
© 24hourcampfire