Home
Posted By: Dancing Bear Canadian Moose Hunt - 04/17/12
I wasn't sure of the best place to post this so I posted it on the General Big Game Forum also.

I would like to schedule a moose hunt in Canada for the 2013 season.

Dad always wanted us to go when he was alive and we never made it.

Can anyone give me some ideas on where to start?

I am leaning to B.C. or Alberta as they are closer to me but I know little about the subject.

Thanks for the help.

Gary
Posted By: Tony Re: Canadian Moose Hunt - 04/17/12
What kind of trip are you after and how much do you want to spend? There is a fairly significant range of hunts and prices available.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Canadian Moose Hunt - 04/17/12
Dancing Bear;
Awhile back a few of us Canuck 'Fire members had a bit of a primer going for those folks planning a hunt in Canada.

Here is a link to it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...60/Planning_a_hunt_in_Canada#Post6042560

Hopefully there is some useful information there for you sir. All the best luck to you on your hunt.

Regards,
Dwayne
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: Canadian Moose Hunt - 04/18/12
Originally Posted by Tony
What kind of trip are you after and how much do you want to spend? There is a fairly significant range of hunts and prices available.

What kind of a trip? I really can't say. I am more of a meat hunter than a trophy hunter and I want to go with a guide.

Pricewise I probably wouldn't want to spend more than $10,000 and that would be on the high side.

Accomodations? I am pretty flexible there as well. We do haul our hunting camps in a couple of miles using bikes and bike trailers every year so I am pretty mobile but old, fat and slow.

We use wall tents with wood stoves or nylon tents and propane heaters depending on the season.
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: Canadian Moose Hunt - 04/18/12
Dwayne,

Wow! Thanks.

Looks like I have some reading to do. This is just what I hoped for.

Thanks Again,

Gary
Moved to General Big Game forum.
© 24hourcampfire