Home
Any of you guys mail them home instead of flying home with them? I'm also flying up to Saskatchewan next week and thought about UPS-ing cape/horns home if successful. Any thoughts?
Bad idea. Most licenses that work as export permits are only valid if the animal is in possession of the hunter/license holder. You'd need a bunch of USFWS import permits along with Canadian export permits,etc.
If you shoot a decent buck, you'll want the antlers with you. Besides, you need a Dept of Agriculture permit to cross into the US and that's best filled out in person. Sometimes the agent lets you slide but you can't count on it.

Where will you be in SK?
you will lose your stuff if you try to ship it.....happend to a guy that hunted with me up there a few years ago....
The only way I would try it would be to leave it with a taxidermy shop and pay them to ship it to you after you have the paperwork in order.
Oldjoe,

Up by Tobin Lake. We hunt with a outfitter up there, Gordon Simpson. Great guy and we've done pretty good the other two times we hunted with him.
Either carry the antlers and cape with you or have the head mounted there and then have them ship it, saves a lot of problems.
This post requires you to click the Kh?ng Th�ch button to read this content. ......

Air Canada is now charging horn fees $150 and gun handling fees $50. Just a note, as I was assessed these fees coming out of Alberta last week. I was told even with the horns in my bag unexposed they still charged the fee. I was actually booked through United and took Air Canada from Grande Prairie to Calgary and then home. I hope your hunt goes well.
© 24hourcampfire