Home
Posted By: slg888 SK whitetail hunters - 11/15/12
Rut in full swing yet?
Posted By: castnblast Re: SK whitetail hunters - 11/15/12
Peaks in 3rd week of November, like every year.
Posted By: Saskshooter Re: SK whitetail hunters - 11/15/12
They are going at it here now, SE part of province.
Posted By: Kingthing0307 Re: SK whitetail hunters - 11/16/12
Just hunted the NE part last weekend. The 9 pt I shot was nowhere near ready for the rut. Neck was swollen up pretty good, but tarsal glands were not even brown yet. And he was just cruisin thru to the bait. Other guys in camp were seeing minimal movement.
Posted By: wildone Re: SK whitetail hunters - 11/18/12
I'm due to arrive in Edmonton about noon this friday and then drive into SK . Should be in camp by 6pm after a stop at wallyworld . I just pray for cold and white. They'll be moving.
Posted By: harv3589 Re: SK whitetail hunters - 11/21/12
We are off to Sask for all of next week, hope the rut is going hard! Heading down to the our farm in the SE part of the province.
Posted By: Saskabush Re: SK whitetail hunters - 11/22/12
The deer are moving in the NW part of the province. The real big bucks will be found around the forest fringe (at least up here). I tagged out with a rather impressive (if I do say so) 6 point.

Plenty of cold weather and snow...

Anyways, good luck.
Posted By: lagerboy Re: SK whitetail hunters - 11/23/12
The rut is the same time every year give or take a few days. Amount of light entering the does eye triggers her into estrous. This yrs rut is particularly good. New moon, cool temps and lots of snow have contributed to alot of big deer being shot already. Anywhere between the 10th and 20th, in my mind, are the best dates to be afield if you are after the big fellas. Got a dandy on the 14th. He was a 4+4 that went 168. If I could figure out how to post a pic I would. Good luck you all.
© 24hourcampfire