Home
Is the 22-250 legal for deer in your province? I was told it is illegal in Alberta??...and my SIL said there is some crazy caliber law in Ontario too....?? Couldn't hunt deer with a 30-06??
As far as I know, you have to use a centre-fire rifle for big game in Ontario, and no calibre specifics. If you ruled out the 30-06, you just ruled out about 60% of the hunters in these parts.
Keith,

He may have been referring to the restrictions south of Hwy.7 where it is shotguns or muzzle loaders only.

You are correct about any centre fire cartridge being legal elsewhere in the province.

Jim
Is there life south of Hwy 7? grin
If I said no then I'd be dead and I am not quite ready to go yet! Unfortunately I grew up here and then the area grew up around me. By now I'm too old to think of going some where else especially since my daughters are both nearby.

Jim
I have one daughter in Manitoba and the other in Dublin Ireland, so unfortunately neither one of them is nearby, unless you consider 5 hours driving 'nearby.'
I know the feeling about distant daughters. For about 30 years the elder daughter lived in Alberta and/or the Territories which severely limited our visits. She moved back to this area almost a year ago and we are still catching up on our visits. It's great!

Jim
.23 cal centerfire or larger in Saskatchewan for any big game. No 22-250s allowed for deer here!
23 calibre or bigger in Alberta.
Legal here in New Brunswick. Personally I'm agin it.
Originally Posted by AB2506

At least they did away with the OAL requirement a few years back. Sure is fun hunting with my 44 Mag 1894.
IIRC it was early 2000's when the WSM's were up and coming.
Originally Posted by AB2506

was like that here until last year....but the dumbasses say 60 gr minimum bullet weight...
Originally Posted by Kato
Legal here in New Brunswick. Personally I'm agin it.

Why?Is a .243 legal there?
© 24hourcampfire