Home
Posted By: wabigoon Pond hockey - 10/02/14
Ever play at it?
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Pond hockey - 10/02/14
Yep but the break aways could be killers. You break loose in Dryden, and wind up south of Dinorwic before you got stopped!
Posted By: noodlz Re: Pond hockey - 10/09/14
In the 12 years I've lived in Canada , the only time I see people skate outdoors has been during Winterlude on the Rideau.
Posted By: eric123 Re: Pond hockey - 10/10/14
Ya,back in the late sixties..good times for sure,after we would loose all our pucks in the snow banks, we had to play with frozen horse turds..they didn't slide like a puck that's for sure
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Pond hockey - 10/10/14
Grew up playing pond hockey and still do.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Pond hockey - 10/10/14
I played until I was in my late 20's. Great times....
Posted By: northcountry Re: Pond hockey - 10/10/14
Yes did during winter in Alberta never lived near a town or city to use a real rink. Some times a lot of snow to clear of!! Cheers NC
Posted By: Barryt Re: Pond hockey - 10/10/14
Up here we still have outdoor rinks, plus a few spots on the lakes for casual skating or hockey, ......hell, it's a tradition!!!!
Posted By: rusty51 Re: Pond hockey - 10/28/14
pond hockey,is real hockey for fun
Posted By: Okanagan Re: Pond hockey - 10/29/14
My two sons grew up playing pond hockey with kids on a Reserve, often in the moonlight. Later, when my younger son was playing HS football in the States a kid got hurt enough to cry and the coach decided that their practice was too rough. When my son got home that night he told us about it over supper and concluded, "Rough?!!? Football isn't rough. Pond hockey on the Rez is rough!"

© 24hourcampfire