Home
Posted By: Seafire What's UP With YOU Canucks... - 11/21/14
The news on this side of the Border is full of all the news and pissing and moaning about "all the snow" that is getting dumped on Buffalo and Western New York...

Either you boys just know how to take this stuff in stride and don't waste your time acting like its the snow version of Hurricane Katrina...

or it wasn't snowing over in Niagara Ontario.. it just started snowing on the Buffalo side of the river... whistle
Posted By: Arac Re: What's UP With YOU Canucks... - 11/21/14
Actually, what happened was in 2000 Toronto was hit with a snow flurry and they totally wussed out. Believe it or not, the Army was called in! Not that we needed any new reasons to laugh at Toronto, but THIS, now this was something else. Here we are, 14 years later and we still make fun of Toronto for calling in the Army to help them "cope" with winter.

Therefore nobody dares make even a tiny peep of complaint when hit with some snow. smile

Toronto calls in Army to battle snow.
Snow you can plow, eventually. 50 below is a little harder to deal with. Thanks to Al Gore and his global warming stuff. laugh

I think the Leafs are still trying to recover from something.
Heck the tail gate parties will be in full swing this weekend - it's only going to be -20c with a 15 K wind maybe I'll swap out the Stetson thus weekend put o. The beaver hat :>)
Cat
Posted By: PSE Re: What's UP With YOU Canucks... - 11/28/14
Actually the amount of snow that fell on Buffalo was definitely amazing. I don't know when the last time was that 6 feet of snow fell on a Canadian city.
My daughter lived in Copenhagen, NY and snowfalls of 2 to 3 feet overnight were not uncommon. A snowblower was almost mandatory unless you wanted to hire someone to clear your driveway. We definitely got some use out of the snowshoes when we were visiting there. GD
It tickles me that International Falls, is, "The Icebox of the Nation", while meanwhile, Fort Frances north across Rainy River is only another southern town in Canada.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It tickles me that International Falls, is, "The Icebox of the Nation", while meanwhile, Fort Frances north across Rainy River is only another southern town in Canada.

Richard, I remember when Spencer wanted to be the International Falls of Iowa. When channel 4 or 9 reported the temperatures of their selected sites, Spencer was always the lowest. I am pretty sure that no one really reported from there; they had just told the television stations to take 4 degrees away from the lowest reported temperature and give that as Spencer's.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Some folks are just easily tickled, I guess. laugh By that standard, I guess I live in southern Ontario, at least for this part of Ontario. shocked

Still felt like Northern Ontario this morning at 5 below zero. Been colder, and will be soon, but that ain't bad for an "autumn" day.

Laffin!
Sometimes Keith, I believe you just enjoy an argument.

I perhaps a relocation to Middle Island?
Ain't arguin'. Just laffin'! grin

You want to send me to Middle Island? Where's that?
Tisk, tisk, the southern most point of Canada.

In Lake Erie, latitude, 41.7
Well, I'm a little north of that. 49.7833� N

The southernmost point of Middle Island is at a latitude of North 41�40'53" according to wikipedia
The northernmost point within the boundaries of Canada is Cape Columbia, Ellesmere Island, Nunavut(83�08'N,74 13'W).The North Pole at 90�N is the northernmost water point.

So there is still a chunk of Canada north of me. WOW!
A lot of real-estate, and moose north of you, people, not so much.
© 24hourcampfire