Home
Posted By: wabigoon Snow? - 11/17/15
Have any?

Expect some, and what is a typical winter cover?
Posted By: GRF Re: Snow? - 11/17/15
had a little, it melted, more expected soon
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Snow? - 11/17/15
Had a bunch yesterday, lots in the mountains already here.
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Snow? - 11/18/15
Typical winter has perhaps 2" on the ground for a week at our house, significantly less at lower elevations and/or closer to the ocean. We did have over 3 feet virtually overnight one year, one of those once in 70 year storms.
Of course we get a lot of cloudy, dark, rainy days so everything is a tradeoff!
Posted By: SamSteele Re: Snow? - 11/18/15
Nothing here in Edmonton yet, but it was -12C this am. Hoping for some cold weather without snow to build some ice on the lakes. We usually have a couple feet on the ground by Feb. Apparently Calgary got 3" of wet snow last night but theirs seems to go faster due to Chinooks.

SS
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Snow? - 11/19/15
Here again, for the third time !!

Rain turned to snow overnight & temp plummeted from 14*C, to a high today of -5*C.

With the current forecast, it should "stay" this time.
Posted By: Barryt Re: Snow? - 11/19/15
Minus 20, a foot of snow, lots of wind, so good for this time of year!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Snow? - 11/21/15
8" a week ago , -15C yesterday +4C today with flurrys

norm
Posted By: troutfly Re: Snow? - 11/21/15
Lots of "frost on the windshield mornings" but no snow here in SE Alberta. The snowfall warnings we had a week ago missed the Medicine Hat area. There was a bit of snow on the ground from that system but it didn't last but a day.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Snow? - 11/22/15
wabigoon;
Good morning to you sir, I trust this finds you and your fine family well.

We've not had any snow in the yard yet - we're roughly 150' above the valley floor at 1289', but yesterday morning chasing whitetails on the mountain behind the house I'd say there was snow from 2000' and up.

It's been fairly mild here so far too, only -5°C this morning and -10°C at 5000' where I was log sitting hoping an unsuspecting, antlered whitetail would pass before I became a solid and permanent part of the landscape.

The correct gender of whitetail did not appear however before both my comfort level and awaiting chore list brought me back down to the yard.

Thanks for the snow report all and I hope for the best for you and your respective families this winter.

Dwayne
© 24hourcampfire