Home
I am trying to get some new maps of the area in northern SK.

Where does a person get good topo maps of that area?

Thanks in advance
I've used www.canmaps.com/ for my topo maps but i just download them blow up the area I plan on going to and print it on the home printer. you can buy them as well
Originally Posted by RiverBear
I've used www.canmaps.com/ for my topo maps but i just download them blow up the area I plan on going to and print it on the home printer. you can buy them as well

Thanks RB. I ordered a couple from there.
It's been years since I poked around at their REALLY nice storefront in downtown Calgary,....looks like they're still around,...

They WERE an excellent source, with a more complete inventory than the Cdn Federal .gov sources.Faster acquisition of quadrangles that weren't in stock, etc.

Link: http://www.ags.gov.ab.ca/publications/wcsb_atlas/introduction.html

GTC
Caltopo.com works well down here. Up mort, I aint sure der hey.
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Thanks in advance
I get maps at the Forestry. They charge small fee.
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Thanks in advance
I get maps at the Forestry. They charge small fee.

Yep. Forestry maps are great as they show the different types of trees, height, mix, how thick it is, etc. That's all we ever used. Colour coded the maps so "TA" (trembling aspen) was yellow, "WS" (white spruce) was purple, etc. Found that these worked a lot better. Especially for hunting and looking for funnels, bedding areas, etc.

As a kid my contribution to hunting was colouring the maps in the off season while watching hockey....

SS
© 24hourcampfire