Home
Posted By: Brazos Camping around Penticton? - 06/01/16
Hi neighbours.

I'm planning a tent camping trip to the Penticton area later this month. My wife and I will be looking for a developed campground with showers, etc.

Any recommendations for campgrounds, areas to avoid, mosquito situation and so on?

We will be accompanying my brother who is going up for the Austin Healey meet, so really not looking for any hiking or fishing or other recreation this time around.

Thank you,

Bob.
Posted By: BCguide Re: Camping around Penticton? - 06/01/16
Penticton gets real busy in the summer. Haven't lived there for a number of years,but i would book a place soon. If you can !!
Posted By: Brazos Re: Camping around Penticton? - 06/01/16
Yeah figured I'd better get on it. Any recommendations?
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Camping around Penticton? - 06/01/16
Brazos;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully this finds you well.

I'll begin with a link to the campgrounds in town and would suggest reading the comments carefully.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g...agan_Valley_British_Columbia-Hotels.html

Typically by the end of June the mosquitoes will be pretty burned off by then and shouldn't be an issue.

There are absolutely campsites that I'd avoid in town.

Are you open to staying out of town a wee bit?

If you aren't then Banbury Green in Kaleden and the Okanagan Falls Provincial Park are much, much quieter.

If you've got specific questions about things to do around here please feel free to drop me a PM and I'll do my best to get some answers.

Dwayne
The valley is sure a pretty place.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Camping around Penticton? - 06/03/16
Dwayne;

Thank you sir for the information. I believe we will give the Kaleden area a try.

I appreciate the tips.

Bob.
© 24hourcampfire