Home
Wife and I are heading out on vacation on the 13th, spending a few days in the Yukon and then meandering our way down through B.C on our way home. We are spending a couple nights in Prince Rupert, wife wants to see the ocean. I thought it would be pretty nice if I could drop a line in the ocean somewhere. Anyone familiar with the area, and know if its possible to wander down to the water somewhere and drop a line? I think I got the licence thing figured out, since I don't plan to do any fishing on the rivers or anything.
We are also spending a couple nights in Quesnel, as we want to spend a day around Barkerville. Anything else you recommend we do in the area?
The old Hudson Bay outpost in Fort St. James..
I was the first capital of New Caledonia IIRC..
About a 30 min. drive off hwy 16..
Turn north on Hwy 27 just west of Vanderhoof..
Just before you get into Prince Rupert, there is park with stunted trees,. It's pretty neat.
You could probably fish off the docks in Rupert, have you looked into taking a charter for a day? Watch for the FNs fishing in Moricetown always fun to watch, I'd expect the springs are still running through there.

I'd stay in Wells before Quesnel myself, don't miss having a dinner at the little restaurant in Wells, the Bears Paw. Excellent food.
I would try to find a day to visit Victoria, on Vancouver Island. Or fishing for tyee at Campbell River.
© 24hourcampfire