Home
Posted By: wabigoon A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/22/16
That is to all the kind Canadians, and want to be's.

Care to share any plans with loved ones?
Posted By: eric123 Re: A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/22/16
Merry Christmas to you wabigoon and family
Having the kids and grankids over on the 31st for the big unwrapping..
I will be working through Christmas as I have for the last 10 years.
Such is life in the oil and gas industry..
Posted By: troutfly Re: A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/22/16
Merry Christmas to all you folks!
It is going to be pretty low key this year as I am working, 12 hour day shift. At least I'll be home for supper. My youngest son and his wife and their month old baby will be coming over for supper.
My wife will be spending the morning at our oldest sons place with his wife and daughter then home to put the bird in the oven etc.
We don't know if our middle son will be home. He works in the oil patch about 6 hours away. They are pushing hard apparently in hopes they can get away for at least a couple days but no one knows if they can pull it off yet. Having a late Christmas with his family next week.
As you said Eric, such is life.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/23/16
wabigoon;
Good morning and Merry Christmas to you and your fine family down in the corn belt. I trust you all are keeping warm enough in this latest cold snap - if you've been on the receiving end of it like we have.

I'm fortunate in that our youngest's flight managed to land in our local airport despite the wind conditions at almost Wednesday morning so that meant all our family is now home for the holidays.

It's my last work day until January today and my good wife has the same time off so it'll be nice to just burn a lot of firewood and not have to plow the driveway before work for a change.

We'll bring my Mom over for Christmas dinner, have a Christmas Eve meal with our eldest's in-laws before going to Christmas Eve service and likely brave the crowds a wee bit on Boxing Day to restock my Carhartt bibs at 20% off.

Anyway sir, I think that's about the extent of our plans for this Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and to all the folks who wander through the Canada section of our cyber 'Fire.

Dwayne

Added photo from last year, but it - and I - look the same right now. laugh
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rug3 Re: A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/23/16
Merry Christmas greetings from south of the border to all the Canadian folks reading this.
Wife and I are now in our upper 70's and would ordinarily be celebrating a quiet, sedate Christmas. However we are currently being Blessed by a three week visitation from our 10 yr old grandson from Florida. He has never seen snow and is he ever excited! Wife commented, "He's ALL boy and perpetual motion." Every snow bank demands climbing, sliding down hill on plastic sleds, snow angels, igloo engineering, lost gloves, snowboard, tunneling, and all that boys that age do. The most common sound we hear is, "Hay Papa, lets.... and this old body sure is getting a refresher course.
Will be at Christmas Eve service and Christmas morn I'll gather my far distant sons, daughter in laws, grandchildren by conference phone with my wife and grandson and read Luke chapter 2 to them. That reading has been our Christmas family tradition for 52 years now.

From our family to you and yours may you have a wonderful Christmas.
Jim
Posted By: wabigoon Re: A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/24/16
Thanks Jim, for sharing that.
You remind me of Normand Rockwell's paintings.
A very Merry Christmas from the Cat house in Fort MacMurray!
Cat
Posted By: EdM Re: A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/24/16
The highlight of my 30+ year O&G career, both professionally and personally, was my near five years working/living in Calgary. City center and Princes Island were great as was seeing Scrooge near every year.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/24/16
Merry Christmas to my Canadian neighbors!
Posted By: gerry35 Re: A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/25/16
Merry Christmas to all.
Posted By: sse Re: A Merry Canuck Christmas! - 12/31/16
Hope all had a great Boxing Day!
© 24hourcampfire