Home
Posted By: wabigoon PAL photo? - 01/28/17
Does anyone know if a new photo is required to renew the PAL?

Mine is due for renewal this summer, and the photo I had taken nearly five years ago was taken by a business now closed.

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: PAL photo? - 01/28/17
It says in the instruction packet, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to include a new photo.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: PAL photo? - 01/28/17
Richard-- I sent one in with mine they used it--one of my buddies PAL got held up because they didn't like his photo--not clear enough or sum such.

Bear in mind the photo is a different size than a passport photo and a passport photo is a different size between American and Canadian passports and different again for drivers liscense.

I got the various sizes and went to Kinko's in Minneapolis--took awhile but got everything I might need for less than 10 bucks.
Posted By: patbrennan Re: PAL photo? - 01/29/17
Just redid my PAL. Took a photo (digital) at home, ensured it was within the guidelines and included it with my renewal.Pretty simple really, no need to make it complicated.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: PAL photo? - 01/29/17
Originally Posted by patbrennan
Just redid my PAL. Took a photo (digital) at home, ensured it was within the guidelines and included it with my renewal.Pretty simple really, no need to make it complicated.

I recently did mine as well. Took the pics at home showcasing my missing toof and messed up hair. Look like a crazy man in that pic on purpose. smile
© 24hourcampfire