Home
Posted By: wabigoon Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/03/17
Does Timmies still do that game?

If so, when does it start, and have you ever "won", anything?
Posted By: tmitch Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/03/17
It's on now. Used to get quite a few "winners" when they did it in years past. Last time and so far this time it's few and far between. Out of probably 30 cups I won one doughnut. smirk

I'm sipping a cup right now, but haven't rolled the rim yet. cool
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/03/17
Good luck! Don't burn yourself,

What is the top prize?
Posted By: tmitch Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/03/17
Lost again! mad

But the coffee was good! grin
Was just in Ontario to visit family and every second cup was a winner, just donuts and free coffees. Back here in BC not quite as generous out of maybe 50 cups just the last couple had win some potato wedges....whoopeeee.

The big prize is never won is it?
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/05/17
A distant relative of my wife won a car a couple years ago! Just the occasional donut for me though.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/05/17
Wonder what these guys won? crazy

'Roll Up The Rim' Cups Stolen
Posted By: eric123 Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/05/17
The only Tim Hortons near us is a one hr drive away, so don't get to roll to often.
After 4 cups...nothing..
Posted By: Cariboo Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/10/17
I personally don't care for TH coffee and seldom buy it at any time of the year.
Posted By: troutfly Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/11/17
Not a fan of Timmies either but when I was in Bosnia in 98 the Tim's near my home base at the time sent over a huge "Care Package" of coffee and donuts at Christmas, enough for everyone in our biv to get a couple or so cups in the afternoon before Christmas Dinner. Had to go on a patrol but we were back in time for coffee and dinner. Dang but it sure was good then! The stuff was flown in directly from Canada on a regular supply flight on Christmas Eve so the donuts were still fresh.

The Canadian Troops in Afgan actually had a Tim Hortons in theater.

Back on topic; stopped at Tim's this AM at 0500 coming home from work to grab a cup for the Missus......she lost!
I think between the two of us this time around we have won a couple of coffees and donuts. The big prizes continue to elude us.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/14/17
Originally Posted by Cariboo
I personally don't care for TH coffee and seldom buy it at any time of the year.

Me neither. Overpriced slop.

The other night Tims ran a commercial during HNIC with two guys on a date. That doesn't encourage me to spend there either.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/14/17
OTOH ..... Whenever I get a lowball offer for stuff online, I reply with this pic. smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scruffee Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/14/17
I've won probably 4 coffees and a couple donuts out of 15 or so coffees...
Posted By: Bobber257 Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/14/17
I like Timmies coffee (the donuts are garbage) but will be damned if I'd cue up in a long line to get a cup. Buy it by the can at NoFrills & brew it at home in the Keurig.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/17/17
Just so the young man, our grandson, could soak up a bit more of the Canadian culture(?), I had him pick up a small black cup just for the slim chance he might win.
Any guesses on the outcome?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/17/17
Richard, I would say that he has already "won" regardless of the outcome of the cup. Best, John
Posted By: sse Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/23/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/23/17
Some people have all the luck.

Tell us you'll be the same humble man we know, and success won't change you!
Posted By: sse Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/24/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 03/24/17
So, do ya hav' to go to Timmi's for yer snow???

Or, is it a surprise?
Posted By: sse Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 04/13/17
Say it isn't so...
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Roll Up the Rim to Win? - 04/24/17
The coffee and doughnuts are good but my odds of winning anything more than a cup of coffee seem to be similar to playing the lottery.
© 24hourcampfire