Home
Posted By: chris57 Brass tumbler suggestions - 11/05/20
My Dillon brass tumbler gave up after 30+ years and am looking for suggestions as what to replace it with. I see some using stainless steel pins as a media, anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Chris O.
I tried SS pins and found them to be a real PITA, had to dump them out of each individual case and often found pins lodged sideways in primer pockets that were very stubborn to remove. I use a Frankford Arsenal tumbler with hot water, Dawn dish detergent and Lemi-shine. Three hours and even the dirtiest brass is clean, I didn't need the jewelry bright shiny finish the pins produced.
I tried ss pins and found them to be a godsend. They clean and polish brass like its no one's business. I would never go back to non metallic tumbling media. I also use the Frankford Arsenal tumbler with detergent and Lemi shine
Posted By: chris57 Re: Brass tumbler suggestions - 11/07/20
Thanks guys, Frankford Arsenal tumbler it is!
My old RCBS tumbler lasted for 20 years and then I got the big Dillon tumbler and a smaller Frankford Arsenal tumbler, both work fine.

I like the small cement mixer that world champ Jerry Miculek uses. Holds thousands of rounds. LOL
I just bought a Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler and don’t know what to think of it so far. The seals were leaking, but I read somewhere to put silicone grease on them to help with that. So far, improvement. Still trying to figure out what to use for the cleaning agent though.
To eliminate leakage check the seal surfaces to make sure they're clean, tighten lid then give it an extra snugging. Hot water with a squirt of Dawn dish detergent and a dash of Lemi-shine, set the timer for 1-2 hours 3 if the brass is real dirty or tarnished. I've had my FA tumbler for 3-4 years and I'm real pleased with it.
I just bought a accubrass , it came highly recommended to me. Haven't got to use it yet.
My Midway 1292 tumbler must be 20 years old. Was just thinking that I should probably pick up another tumbler as a back up.
For me it is between this Extreme or the Franklin Armory

clic pic

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
That Rebel 17 is a Thumbler Model B with all the weaknesses addressed.

I have a B, and would recommend the Extreme.
Chris57: what do the words "reloading software" mean in Granite Falls ,Wa. ?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Brass tumbler suggestions - 02/08/21
Originally Posted by FatAlbert

Can you find a more appropriate place for him to post this in the reloading section? There is no General Reloading discussion area.

Crossing Guard or Hall Monitor?
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Brass tumbler suggestions - 02/08/21
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by FatAlbert

Can you find a more appropriate place for him to post this in the reloading section? There is no General Reloading discussion area.

Crossing Guard or Hall Monitor?

Censor and Cali azzhole. I put him on ignore after he threatened to start censoring and deleting posts from this area. This one to be exact.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...n-howell-quote-from-1-28-08#Post15349235
Posted By: Viking59 Re: Brass tumbler suggestions - 02/14/21
Still using a very old, huge Midland Tumbler. Its at least 30 years old.
FA is just another dik head keyboard commando, don't know what part of there is no other reloading category he can't seem to comprehend, Guy needs to take a couple Midol and get the knot outa his panties.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Brass tumbler suggestions - 02/17/21
I use a Harbor Freight dual drum tumbler with steel pins, dawn, and lemishine. Works like a top. Not as much capacity as the FART, but cheaper and good enough for me.
© 24hourcampfire