Home
Posted By: Field_Hand powder question - 01/07/12
what's some recommendations on a good all around pistol powder. i just target shoot and don't do competitions. i reload 9mm , 45acp, .38 special and .357 magnum.
Posted By: bea175 Re: powder question - 01/08/12
Unique is my favorite
Posted By: Field_Hand Re: powder question - 01/08/12
thanks. just trying to consolidate powder and see if there was one that would fit the bill on all those calibers. just got the .45 dies for Christmas so anxious to start rolling them out.
Posted By: mausershooter Re: powder question - 03/06/12
For pistol I reload .45, .454, and .357. I like Clays, International Clays, and H110.
Posted By: Acelungger Re: powder question - 04/17/12
I have been useing Unique powder since 1972, it isn't the cleanest burning powder, I don't know anything about the new powders that are out there, Acurate powders are good, and at one time I was using #2 in my 9mm and #5 in my 45acp and it is real clean burning!
I am in no way trying to stray you away from anything and if you shoot jacketed bullets Unique would burn cleaner because you have to heat them up a little! I shoot plinker rounds, I load my rounds down as low as I can and still be safe and the pistol cycling good.

I hope that I have helped in a small way, you are welcome to pm me if you have question's that you think I might be able to help you.
Later
Ace
Posted By: saddlesore Re: powder question - 04/17/12
Except for heavy loads in 44mag and .357 that I use 2400 and H110,I load everything else handgun wise with either Universal Clays or W231.The Universal Clays is a might cleaner burning in my experience.
I am getting low on the Clays and will probably do all with W231 as I have 16 lbs of it.
Posted By: martineta Re: powder question - 05/02/12
I use H110 for about all my pistols plus it works well for some rifle cartridges like 300 Blackout and 22 hornet. Probably some better ones out there but this is the one I have been using for 12 years are so since I got back into reloading. Very versatile.
© 24hourcampfire