Home
Posted By: Admiralzummie Sierra Infinity - 01/17/12
Does any one understand the Sierra Infinity program? I just can't seem to get into it. Started out with RCBS PC Bullet. Was real simple and easy to understand. It's gone to the happy hunting grounds and can't be reloaded onto my new computer. Is there something simple out there that will give me velocities at range, trajectories and Point blank ranges
confused
Posted By: JeffP40 Re: Sierra Infinity - 01/21/12
Just keep messing with it. There are a lot of things you can do, just need to learn it. Some things seem to be a hassle, but it works good. It's not like you can hurt anything if you get it wrong.
Posted By: Admiralzummie Re: Sierra Infinity - 01/24/12
I won't give up, I'll keep hacking at it and eventually I will figure it out. Thanks for the encouragement!
Posted By: petemi Re: Sierra Infinity - 01/24/12
You may want to try this.

Pete

http://www.biggameinfo.com/BalCalc.aspx
Posted By: boomtube Re: Sierra Infinity - 02/13/12
"Is there something simple out there that will give me velocities at range, trajectories and Point blank ranges"

I've been very happy many years with Lee's inexpensive and simple to use ballistics program. It prints tables in any yardage increments I want, for any BC, velocity and line of sight I want, including 'point blank' info for any kill zone I identify. It's a puzzle to me that it gets so little attention from shooters.
Posted By: Brookie Re: Sierra Infinity - 02/13/12
Why not call the Sierra Tech's and ask them. They should be able to answer any of your questions.

1-800-223-8799 Mon to Fri 8:00 AM to 8:00 Pm Central time.

I've called they several times and they are very friendly and helpful.
Posted By: Quartermaster Re: Sierra Infinity - 11/06/12
Maybe this will help.

On the top left, click on load bullet, then manufactures and select one, then caliber and weight. Fill out the appropriate boxes on the left and select accept values and then click load, which is on the bottom. If you can get that part down, then you can mess with the task bar on the top which has other variables to play with.
Posted By: MacLorry Re: Sierra Infinity - 11/14/12
I have Infinity, Quick Target, Lee, the now defunct Barnes, but the one I use all the time is Ballistic Explorer. It does all the easy stuff easily, but it can also do stuff no one else has thought of. The more you work with it the more you discover you can do.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Sierra Infinity - 11/17/12
Originally Posted by MacLorry
I have Infinity, Quick Target, Lee, the now defunct Barnes, but the one I use all the time is Ballistic Explorer. It does all the easy stuff easily, but it can also do stuff no one else has thought of. The more you work with it the more you discover you can do.

I've used well over a dozen ballistics programs (maybe two dozen � haven't kept count) since 1982. My all-time favorites (for ballistics) are QuickLOAD and Ballistic Explorer (BEX). I'd like the Sierra software better if it were easier to use for my purposes.

BEX, by the way, is also available from http://www.oehler-research.com/
Posted By: greentimber Re: Sierra Infinity - 11/18/12
JBM "Simplified" Trajectory calculator. It's online, FREE, and has proven very accurate for me over years of use.
Posted By: Gath_Sten Re: Sierra Infinity - 11/18/12
JBM is to Ballistic Explorer what the Windows calculator is to Excel. The calculator is free, convenient and accurate, but so limited compared to Excel. You can spend hours fiddling in JBM's or any clunky web app and totally miss those moments of clarity that only come when you can see multi-dimensional data dynamically. Those aha moments are worth so much more than the few bucks Dr. Oehler asks for his software.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Sierra Infinity - 11/18/12
Try clicking on the HELP tab on tne menu bar. Everything you need to know is right there.

Swifty
© 24hourcampfire