Home
Posted By: jthurr270 LoadData.com - 02/19/13
Has anyone used this website? I want to know if it's any good or not before paying the 29.95 for access..

Thanks!
Posted By: MacLorry Re: LoadData.com - 02/19/13
Well its $29.95 per year and the load data is from a long list of sources, so you can expect a lot of variation in the quality of that data. If you load for a bunch of odd calibers maybe it's worth the money.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: LoadData.com - 02/23/13
They lost alot of the good data, Hornady, Nosler, and a few others as they were poachers. Charging people for publishing data that they didnt pay the companys for(Publishing rights). Copyright infringement if you will. But I call em poachers.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: LoadData.com - 05/03/13
I was not aware of their issue and eventual loss of data.
Posted By: ClarkEMyers Re: LoadData.com - 05/05/13
It's an issue but I'd want more information on the poaching as opposed to getting the rights cheap for a while as a new to the market idea followed by the rights expiring and the rights holders wanting more money to renew. Certainly the published explanation was an increase in price for the rights.

Computer access and sorting for specific queries is handy.

IMHO it's worth the money but then again I own a copy of most all the manuals - including everything that LoadData ever had - I've been able to find shy of the old Speer wildcat manuals which I can't afford and have no real use for anyway.

Pays to buy manuals even books from the folks who list a lot of data on the web. I'm annoyed at Barnes for instance - and I own all the manuals they've sold and kept looking for the mythical tactical manual - because their web site didn't warn me that the listing was incomplete so I figured I'd use the website. This allowed me to declutter and leave the books packed up. Then I noticed the load I really wanted was in the book but not on the website. Makes the company website a whole lot less useful.

And of course there's a lot of useless data out there like the obsolete material in Phil Sharpe's book or Speer #8 so I do like the computer for a sanity check on book loads as well.

Bottom line it's a convenience and an add on if loading is a hobby. For the one gun, one load and let's go shooting type it's a useless luxury.
Posted By: 405wcf Re: LoadData.com - 05/06/13
I load for many different cartridges and use it all the time. Yes, we have lost the data from several of the bullet manufacturers, we still have it from Lyman and the powder companies. A nice plus is a lot of data from back issues of Handloader and Rifle magazines.

There is a lot of data here.

405wcf
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: LoadData.com - 05/06/13
One thing you need to be aware of is data has been compiled from years of Handloader magazines. Some from over 30 years ago when the writers were flying by the seat of their pants on their loading. You will find loads that are well over modern recommendations.
Posted By: boomer68 Re: LoadData.com - 06/03/13
Yes, there is some VERY old data. Kinda losing interest in it since most of the good company data is gone.
Posted By: Freddy Re: LoadData.com - 06/04/13
http://handloads.com/loaddata/default.asp
Posted By: greentimber Re: LoadData.com - 07/12/13
Huge pain in the ass to navigate and search. Ammoguide.com is MUCH MICH better.
© 24hourcampfire