Home
I'm putting together a full custom with a 8 twist barrel and I'm desperatly wanting to shoot the 160 matrix out of it. Can anyone help??? There's tons of 140 data but I like to go big. Thanks
I've been working with the 26, along with a few other Fire contributors since last Fall. It seems to me, one can't get enough velocity from 160's to make it worthwhile. Around 3K seems to be about max and with slow powders like 869 and 872. 140's will run 3,300 without pressure problems and 120's at 3,450 or so. Those data are std., not "Fire" loads and I wasn't "leaning" on it.

Double Tap Ammo advertises their 127 LRX load at 3,600 fps, but I don't know how they do that w/i SAAMI pressure limits. I'd like to have that load, for sure.

High B.C. 6.5mm 160's would seem like a good match for the 8 twist 26 Nos. If you find a way to make them perform at a decent velocity, please share that info.

My best groups so far have been with monometals. 120 E-Tips grouped 3" or so at 400 yds, 120 TAC-X grouped around 2 1/2". I killed a number of hogs and WT's last Fall with the E-Tip, all with impressive performance, mostly DRT. The wound channels were about the same as 140 NPT/NAB's at 3,300. My hunting bud likes 140 Partitions and does well with them.

My gun is a rebarreled 7RM BDL with 26" #2 Shilen Match, blueprinted, pillared, glassed and free floated. It wears a Z3 4-12x50 BT.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Thanks.
Any new updates???
Just this.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9891932/Re:_26_Nosler_with_160_Matrix#Post9891932
That link doesn't work.
Sometimes they don't post with the underline and won't work with just a click. In that case, highlight the link, copy and paste in the URL.

DF
TTT
TTT
© 24hourcampfire