Home
Posted By: crossotter medical insurance for dogs - 12/04/09
Does anyone carry med insurance on your hunting partner? What are the monthly cost? Is it worth it?
Posted By: Fang Re: medical insurance for dogs - 12/06/09
I don't know about insurance for dogs, but my wife has health insurance for our two cats, and has already saved a bundle. If dog health insurance works out anywhere near as well, then it's a good deal.
Posted By: BlueDoe Re: medical insurance for dogs - 12/24/09
We thought about this, then decided instead to put $20 or more each payday in an envelope for the dog's veterinary needs. It accumulated pretty fast, and you have the added advantage of having the cash there in any emergency, while the ins premium is gone for good...
Thanks for the response. A savings account for them seems like a good idea.
Pet Plan is what I have. It is for the really bad stuff. A fairly minor operation a few years back cost me 2,400.
Wait 'till Pelosi hears about this. Obama Pet Care will be just around the corner.
We carry insurance on our dog - lesson learned after she was hit by a truck. A lot of $$ later and we now have insurance. Costs us @ $40 / month and I'd have to say we have got our money's woth over the last 6 years. Nice thing about having pet insurance is that decisions on treatment for your pet are based on the best interests of the pet NOT the finances.
Daughter, who was a Vet Assistant for years has insurance on their 2 cats and one dog. With one cat, the medical treatment probably was @ $10,000 over 6 months, they only had to pay @ $1,000 of that.
And no, just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean we have nationalized pet insurance. grin
Posted By: robz Re: medical insurance for dogs - 01/30/10
Costs me around $500 per year, but considering that the bill from spearing herself on a tree branch was $700 plus, it makes sense.Sooner or later, they are going to do something to themselves
rob
Posted By: vapodog Re: medical insurance for dogs - 02/01/10
If you want to raise the cost of keeping a hunting dog, buy some kind of Vet insurance.
© 24hourcampfire