Home
Posted By: Nebraska GWP and GSP hunt pics........ - 02/25/12
My friend's Dad was in town last week and wanted to do some bird hunting so we headed to the local Sporting Club for some quality time with the dogs. He has a young GWP, Grace, and I had my GSP, Roxy, and they both did great! I brought my gun but ended up not even taking a shot because I was having so much fun watching the dogs work and running the camera. They ended up with four pheasants and six chuckar.....good times!! smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ouch!! wink
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/Nebraska01/Roxy5Point02192012.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/Nebraska01/P1040142.jpg[/img]

Love the pics of bird dogs at work.

Whats the white stuff on the ground?

I bought my wife a new lens for her camera and she'll be tagging along next weekend as we do some 'hunting' for pheasant, chukar, and quail at a local place.
They actually got ~16" during their last storm!

Make sure to post those pics when you get back..... smile
huh......that GSP looks familiar.....cant quite place from where though whistle
Originally Posted by rattler
huh......that GSP looks familiar.....cant quite place from where though whistle

I bet she does! wink How about posting some pics? My kids always like to see 'em.... smile
Posted By: Dess Re: GWP and GSP hunt pics........ - 02/25/12
I love watching a dog in the field doing what it was bred to do.

Getting a bird is a secondary bonus. (It's secondary 'cause I haven't been shooting well lately.)

Nice pictures!
nothing new, just the old ones.....

[Linked Image]'

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and my favorite of Jake
[Linked Image]
Those are awesome! That high tail is as stylish as they come but I'm with you on the last pic - that one's a classic .... grin

Here's one with my girl and Roxy when she was just a pup. smile
[Linked Image]
Nice pics fellas. It sure takes me back a couple years.

If either of your dogs throw litters, please let me know. Sure do miss my Bonnie and Clyde. Unbelievable bird dogs.
Originally Posted by T Bone
Nice pics fellas. It sure takes me back a couple years.

If either of your dogs throw litters, please let me know. Sure do miss my Bonnie and Clyde. Unbelievable bird dogs.

I bet you do miss Bonnie and Clyde and I wish I could've seen 'em in action. frown Jake and Roxy are proof that apples don't fall very far from the tree.

These are pics of T Bone with Bonnie and Clyde from their pheasant and grouse hunting days in SD....quite the resemblance! cool
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Roxy's been the best bird dog I've ever owned and if everything works out, I'm going to breed her for the first time this Spring (probably April/May). I'd love to keep as many pups as possible in the family so shoot me your new contact info and I'll keep you posted.

A good friend of mine is a well-known GSP breeder and I've been helping him with the GSCNE Field Trials the last few years so I could check out as many dogs/lines as possible for a Sire. After a long search, I've finally settled on one and he goes by "Joker" but his formal name is Slicks Cuttin Wild. He's been a busy boy and has racked up the following - 3xCH 3xRU-CH 2xNGDC FC AFC and actually set a record for the youngest 2x NGDC (at two years).

He's from CO and here's the site with his info: Joker

And here's a pic....
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire