Home
Posted By: FoxtonGundogs I'm an Optoist - 08/11/14
I was once told "The most optimistic thing a man will ever do is to reach into a pile of squirming pups, pull one out and say this will be my gundog" Well I guess I am a forever optimist I just brought home my next gundog from GoldNGun Retrievers in Mill Bay BC. She is a daughter of Foxton's GNG Gawd Darn Risqu� MH and granddaughter on my good old gal Foxton's Cuervo Gold, the 4th generation of Foxton Goldens. Now the fun begins

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: oznog Re: I'm an Optoist - 08/13/14
Awesome. Enjoy the journey together.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: I'm an Optoist - 08/13/14
Just saw this.
You go guy!!!
Remember the puppy breath!!
Keep us posted as she grows, and the adventures you go on.
Posted By: ingwe Re: I'm an Optoist - 08/13/14
Nothing better than a pup! laugh

BTW: What's an 'Optoist'?
Posted By: Bighorn Re: I'm an Optoist - 08/13/14
Originally Posted by ingwe
Nothing better than a pup! laugh

BTW: What's an 'Optoist'?

I think it's a sea creature with eight legs.
I thought it might be like a spelling Nazi�... whistle
Posted By: FoxtonGundogs Re: I'm an Optoist - 08/13/14
ok ok the dogs probably smarter forgot the m
Ive often said the ONLY thing in the world better than a puppy is an old dog. Looks like you have both bases covered. Enjoy them both!
Posted By: FoxtonGundogs Re: I'm an Optoist - 08/14/14
LOL yah I have "all" bases covered My old girl is coming 10, I have her daughter coming 6 and granddaughter now 9 weeks, and as if that isn't enough coming 3 and coming 4 Springers plus a mis mash of client dogs. They deffenetly keep me going and entertained.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: I'm an Optoist - 08/15/14
I don't believe you just reached in a barrel and pulled that good looking pup out. If you did you need to buy a lotto ticket. Hasbeen
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: I'm an Optoist - 08/15/14
Good for you.
I'd have a new pup every year if I could.
Posted By: FoxtonGundogs Re: I'm an Optoist - 08/15/14
Couldn't have picked a bad one, came down to her color she was the darkest female. She is 4 generations of my blood lines. Her dam is from my grand old bitch and was conceived at the 2008 Can. Nat. Retriever Trials. She earned Master Hunter before the age of 2 and is back trialing 9 weeks post whelp. Her sire is an upand coming hut test/trial dogwho's only trouble is his handeler. I don't ay that in a negative way the gal whoowns him is just now getting into the competition world and has some learning to do. If you pick good bloodlines it's pretty hard to o wrong.
My pups Dam at little over 12 weks
[Linked Image]

My pup 9 weeks
[Linked Image]
Posted By: FoxtonGundogs Re: I'm an Optoist - 12/28/14
So here we are at almost 6 months and a lot of work, not near the end of the trail yet she's coming along well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sactoller Re: I'm an Optoist - 01/04/15
Good looking pup!
© 24hourcampfire