Home
Posted By: battue Training. - 12/06/14
Posted By: ingwe Re: Training. - 12/06/14
laugh
Posted By: battue Re: Training. - 12/06/14
I swear the white one-an Ingwe Dog?-on that last throw is chasing shadow and knew when to look up and make the catch.

Find me one of those with a great nose, and I'd be willing to bet it would put a lot of breed Bird Dogs to shame.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Training. - 12/06/14
WOW!!!
There's alot of time put into that!!!
Just WOW!!!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Training. - 12/06/14
Originally Posted by battue
I swear the white one-an Ingwe Dog?-on that last throw is chasing shadow and knew when to look up and make the catch.

Find me one of those with a great nose, and I'd be willing to bet it would put a lot of breed Bird Dogs to shame.

I used to do the frisbee thing with Ingwedog I and Ingwedog II ( Albeit without all the fancy stuff...) just to wear their asses out.

Nose-wise Ingwedog hunted with me for 10 years...doing what they now call blood-trailing. Recovered 50+ animals.
Ingwedog II nose wise got certified in Seizure Alert and response ( The alert is an olfactory thing) and Certified in Narcotics Detection, at which she was as good a dog as Ive ever seen, and I've seen a bunch...

Contrary to populay conception once they get to be about 50 lbs ( full sized dog) they all have the same olfactory abilities. That said however, some breeds and individuals within those breeds are genetically predisposed to put it all to work! Others, like the Border Collie, have to be trained, but as soon as they know their nose will get them a reward, they are unstoppable.
Posted By: passport Re: Training. - 12/10/14
That's AWESOME + p!!!! Those are very special dogs as well as trained to the max, incredibly athletic!
© 24hourcampfire