Home
Looking to get a Boykin in the spring, Does anyone know of any GOOD breeders in or close to PA?
The Boykin Spaniel Society will give you some contacts. I have purchased two dogs from Nancy Boykin at Hunters Rest in Tennessee. I have not talked to her for a few years but her website is still online. Make sure that you get a pup with at least hip evals on the parents and is from working stock.
I saw one on an AKC dog show and felt sick to my stomach. I attended the BSS hunt tests a couple of times and met some great people as well as saw some fantastic dogs. You will not regret getting a Boykin.
Wish it wasn't so far away. 10hr drive.
I made a similar drive twice and have zero regrets. One lived to be 12 and the other reached 13. They both hunted hard until the end. They were actually sisters but had very different personalities. A couple of two day trips were well worth it. Good luck.
Found a breeder in NY. 4.5hrs. Problem is, cost is $1800. Not sure I can spend that much on a dog.
Pam Kadlic produces some very nice dogs.
Pam is in South Carolina. She is a quality person and has pretty much dedicated her life to the breed. $1800 for a pup should include a serious health guarantee and hunting titled parents. I would not buy a Boykin unless the parents and at least two generations back had all health clearances. Good luck.

© 24hourcampfire