Home
I have been using a SportDog Fr 200B electronic collar for the last few years. last season the battery started to drain really quickly and I ended up having to charge it almost daily.

I was just on Sportdogs website and replacement batteries are $29. Amazon has generic batteries for $8 that according to the reviews work fine.

Has anyone used a generic replacement battery in their electronic collar? if so, did you have any problems with it?

Thank you
Originally Posted by Centurion75
<snip>

Has anyone used a generic replacement battery in their electronic collar? if so, did you have any problems with it?

Thank you

Yes, I had a rechargeable battery in one of my Tritronics collars go bad, and I got a replacement from the local Batteries Plus store. IIRC, they had to put on a different plug but I definitely remember the total Batteries Plus cost was MUCH less than what I would have paid to Tritronics. The replacement battery is a couple of years old now and still working fine. YMMV, Good Luck!
I had a battery go bad in a Dog Tra but just got a replacement from Dog Tra. For $8 buck's on Amazon, I'd try it.
Ok thanks guys, it looks like I will give the generic battery a shot and see how it goes.
© 24hourcampfire