Home
Posted By: Spotshooter 75lb Brittany - WTH !! - 01/09/16
Took poochy to the vet for his booster shot today.

He's ALMOST 4 months old... Almost and He weighted in at 25 lbs...

I really love my Vet... He looked at him, pulled his mouth open and looked at his teeth and immediately started quietly laughing...

When I asked him what's up, he lifted the dogs mouth and said - These are all baby teeth... He'll more than double his weight from here, so he's not done growing at all.

Congrat's you are going to have a Brittany the size of a GSP....

Holly bat [bleep] !!!!

Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: 75lb Brittany - WTH !! - 01/09/16
I assume you meant 4 months?
Double 25 equals 75?
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: 75lb Brittany - WTH !! - 01/09/16
Yep - thanks I corrected that.

More than double... Why he picked 75 I'm not sure but he's a very good vet so I'd lay money he's correct.

I'm going to cut down his puppy food and mix in some adult to try to slow up his growth.. Too big to fast is not a good thing.

Either way, he's going to run big.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: 75lb Brittany - WTH !! - 01/09/16
Healthy pup for sure. I would have to check my records;but I think my English Cocker was about 18 at that age. She topped out at 30.5 lbs
Posted By: nighthawk Re: 75lb Brittany - WTH !! - 01/09/16
Had a Brit that went 60 pounds. He was the result of a breeding accident and the giant of the litter. At the other end was a female that was well undersize. Still was a wonderful dog and, on the upside, wasn't deterred by brush.

I'd stick with the puppy food regardless as they need the nutrition for strong bones and all that. Unless the vet advises otherwise of course. Mine was on it until the extra protein made him farty which was about the usual suggested transition to adult food (house dog mostly).
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: 75lb Brittany - WTH !! - 01/09/16
I won't cut him down much, he like the adult dog food the other dog gets, so I'll start sneaking some in
© 24hourcampfire