Home
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Peake pup is home - 01/28/16
"Cash" made it home. He's waaay more of a handful than pups of past. He's an 11 pound Predator. Never seen one this Switched On

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pointer Re: Peake pup is home - 01/28/16
Great looking pup! Congrats and good luck!
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Peake pup is home - 01/28/16
Pretty pup!!
Posted By: jbuck Re: Peake pup is home - 01/28/16
Love the dead grass.

Picking my cbr up this saturday, but there is only chocolate to choose from.

Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Peake pup is home - 01/28/16
Deadgrass is my least favorite color. Or was...there are so many variant to any shade or color w these dogs. I don't know how he will finish in color. But his dark muzzle and darker tail lead me to believe he is gonna stay the same or darken but not get lighter. Which is perfect. Love his natural Camo color. Any lighter and I'm not a fan.
Posted By: gonzaga Re: Peake pup is home - 01/28/16
Cute pup Jesse, what's the breed?
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Peake pup is home - 01/28/16
It is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Nice looking pup there. I hope he turns out to be a great dog for you.
I guess where I hunt dead grass is the best natural camo. So for hunting I'd prefer that color.
Here is a picture from the breeder during some informal training.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gonzaga Re: Peake pup is home - 01/28/16
Id never seen one that tan color before.....
A guy here in town used to have a few Chesies, they were cool dogs.
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Peake pup is home - 01/28/16
J-

Those are SW WA dogs? Good Gawd they're wooly. Neat. That pigeon wouldn't be able to be reused with my puppy. He's a rough SOB already at just 8wks. Letting him get used to the home and schedule for another 10 days or so, then we will start some simple training. I've already been working on conditioning him to many things he doesn't even know.

Great looking pups. Guessing one is gonna be yours??
Yes. They are SW WA dogs. The pigeons are disposible. But I'm glad the breader/trainer is able to introduce them to birds.

Yes I will be picking one up this Saturday.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 257wby Re: Peake pup is home - 01/29/16
Nice looking pups. I lost my 13 year old chessie in May and it was a lonely fall. Glad to see someone is going to enjoy some great looking pups.
Posted By: battue Re: Peake pup is home - 01/29/16
Oh boy!!!! He already has some muscle. Should be a stud.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Peake pup is home - 01/29/16
Cool pup....I love that color......let the good times roll......
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Peake pup is home - 01/29/16
Never heard of a chessie referred to as a peake.
Posted By: johnw Re: Peake pup is home - 01/30/16
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
He's an 11 pound Predator. Never seen one this Switched On

Great looking pup. And I have seen a couple that seemed more "switched on" than most.

I appreciate the pics. Hope to see more of him, with some action shots along the way.
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Peake pup is home - 01/30/16

From the banks of the Columbia River/Lake Roosevelt Jan 29...just turned 9 weeks. Got him out of the crate after the hunt while I cleaned up. Unphased by the ice and snow, and rain. He stepped off an ice shelf and waded around with me for a short minute. I didn't bother to coax him at all, as that wasn't really what I wanted nor expected out of a pup. But he didn't mind the icy water, grabbed a drink and headed off to eat more goose schitt....puppies!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Peake pup is home - 01/30/16
And I finally caught a break....My Drahthaar finally accepted the little Helion and now I can get some help tiring him out and we can all sleep better.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 79S Re: Peake pup is home - 02/03/16
Pretty pup!
© 24hourcampfire