Home
We have decided on an English cocker for my daughter and was hoping some of the members here could provide suggestions for breeders or those you might be having pups soon. Any information would be helpful.
Oahe Kennels
Menoken, ND
Send Battue a p.m. He has two very nice English Cockers and he knows the breed very well.
Originally Posted by Griffon
Oahe Kennels
Menoken, ND

Yes, get in touch with Tom Ness. He either has pups or knows who does.

Ours just turned 1-year this month. She's everything we were hoping for, and maybe more.
Not close by; but top FBEC breeder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmT0sowAK-Q

Battue's dog came from there and I have one from their stock. Expect a high energy dog that needs work; but worth it

[Linked Image]
Why not? grin

Little pocket rockets of the uplands.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Observations of that particular bloodline:

Friendly to the fault, want to never leave your presence, enthusiastic for the chase, good smeller, can't pass up one of your socks; I mean absolutely can not and can make a respectable turd out of a hand full of popcorn and a Ritz cracker.
Boy.....he's sure come along nicely......

I want one.....
Originally Posted by battue
Observations of that particular bloodline:

Friendly to the fault, want to never leave your presence, enthusiastic for the chase, good smeller, can't pass up one of your socks; I mean absolutely can not and can make a respectable turd out of a hand full of popcorn and a Ritz cracker.

Bloodline connection confirmed; Abbey loves her some socks and can snatch one with uncanny speed; immediately followed by my call to the wife to get the cheese.
Turd making defies physics and small size of animal, also.
Abbey is 32.5lbs now and rock solid little dog. She can also find a deer:

[Linked Image]
FG,
They're not the toughest or hardiest of Birddogs, but they go at it with a lets have some fun attitude. Would like this one to muscle up a little more, but he runs around like he's on springs.

Toby-the black one-turned 11 and is still muscle hard. Sad part is his eyes and ears are slipping. He really liked messing with Groundhogs. Tried to get him on one at about 30 yards and he couldn't pick it out. The little guy had no problem.

Merlot allows nothing to track his yard. Second floor windows have to be closed; I have little doubt he would make the jump if so much as a Robin was in the grass.
They sure look related. 👍

Hope to work with Merlot on finding Deer. Please keep us updated on Abby and what is going on.
Couple under the deck Rabbits worry him to no end. smile

[Linked Image]
Santa Claus brought my kids (now ages 7 and 4) an English cocker from Mark Mercie's Thunderstruck kennels. He has been a fantastic puppy and seems to have all of the instinct you could want. I am really excited about September 1st.

The comments about socks made me laugh. I thought that was just something Ozzie did. Apparently it's part of the "instinct".

Check out Absolute Gun Dogs.
http://www.absolutegundogs.com/gun-dogs-for-sale/
© 24hourcampfire