Home
Posted By: SamSteele Pup is putting up the birds - 08/09/16
Some of you may recall that I got a Nova Scotia Duck Toller pup late last year. Well I ended up sending him off for a couple months of hunt and obedience training and got him back last month. During that time he flushed and retrieved chukars, flushed pheasants, got his water retrieves down and got really into birds. It was a pretty proud moment last Saturday when I took him for a walk in the woods and he flushed up 4 ruffed grouse right off the hop. He then continued to work the bushes in the area and put up another 6. Unfortunately, the season isn't open here yet but he is looking promising for upland birds. He loves jumping into the lake to go retrieve a dummy as well so I'm hoping ducks are equally successful.

Here's a picture of him at 7 months old. A little scruffy after swimming in sloughs and running through the bush.

[Linked Image]

SS
Looks like you chose wisely . Hasbeen
Posted By: battue Re: Pup is putting up the birds - 08/09/16
Off and running with a great start. Enjoy the adventures and give him a campfire ear rub.
Beautiful pal you have there.. May he live long and hunt often..
Super!! Good luck this season.
Posted By: HUNTS Re: Pup is putting up the birds - 08/11/16
Great looking pup! Which breeder?
Pup is from Caltansis out of Calgary Alberta.
Just got him neutered the other day and he is wearing the cone of shame right now. I'm not sure if he is more upset by the empty feeling inside, having to wear the cone, or knowing we aren't hunting for a couple weeks now...

[Linked Image]

SS
Good lookin' hunting buddy you have there! I hope you have many seasons together.
Very nice looking dog you have there. I hope you boys have a great season.
Originally Posted by SamSteele
Just got him neutered the other day and he is wearing the cone of shame right now. I'm not sure if he is more upset by the empty feeling inside, having to wear the cone, or knowing we aren't hunting for a couple weeks now...

[Linked Image]

SS

I think he's contemplating which of yours to bite first, the left or the right. eek

Great pup, IMO. cool
Love it!
Why did you have him cut ?
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Why did you have him cut ?

There seems to be a lot of pressure out there to have dogs neutered. Internet wisdom points to benefits both ways.

I discussed having my pudelpointer done with my vet. She was neutral on the subject but did suggest that if there were no associated problems to leave him intact, which I did.
So why then ???
Pp no, Boykin, yeah ????
© 24hourcampfire