Home
Posted By: hatari Christmas food - 12/17/12
Must move that post about Hillary down. Gets my blood pressure up. I want to see some good Euro food and drink for the season.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: eh76 Re: Christmas food - 12/18/12
Sharing? smile
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Christmas food - 12/19/12
Maybe we could get someone to comment on Plum pudding..

What is that exactly, how do you cook it, and when do you eat it...
Posted By: hatari Re: Christmas food - 12/19/12
Swedish Peaches?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ihookem Re: Christmas food - 12/22/12
Raw beef and onions on rye bread.
Posted By: grand_veneur Re: Christmas food - 12/24/12
Just finished to cook the classical start and dessert: Foie Gras and Mousse au chocolat.

Everything in the fridge to reach the right consistance and temperature before tonight. The foie gras will be served on roasted biroche bread with onion jam.

I think i'll prepare some royal mojito ...

We're going to have the main meal simple: red meat in fondue bourguignonne (every one has a spike to cook his meat in a pot fullfilled with hot grape seeds oil), or maybe the Belgian version with hot beer and Belgian fries.

We'll have some real cheese (with taste and smell, not pasteurized milk based industrial stuff) on bread with Liege sirup.

So when we are goung to start the meal, there will be nothing to cook, everything will already be cooked and we can spend our time all together.

I wish all of you and your families a merry Christmas !

Posted By: doubletap Re: Christmas food - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by ihookem
Raw beef and onions on rye bread.

Excellent! I like to mix a raw egg into the beef and put some spicy mustard on the bread.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Christmas food - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
Just finished to cook the classical start and dessert: Foie Gras and Mousse au chocolat.

Everything in the fridge to reach the right consistance and temperature before tonight. The foie gras will be served on roasted biroche bread with onion jam.

I think i'll prepare some royal mojito ...

We're going to have the main meal simple: red meat in fondue bourguignonne (every one has a spike to cook his meat in a pot fullfilled with hot grape seeds oil), or maybe the Belgian version with hot beer and Belgian fries.

We'll have some real cheese (with taste and smell, not pasteurized milk based industrial stuff) on bread with Liege sirup.

So when we are goung to start the meal, there will be nothing to cook, everything will already be cooked and we can spend our time all together.

I wish all of you and your families a merry Christmas !

I have always wanted to try that Foie Gras GV.

Merry Christmas to all!
Posted By: grand_veneur Re: Christmas food - 01/02/13
Can't you find "foie gras" in the US ?

I've got a very good receipe if you can find some fat liver.

Christmas is also traditionnaly time for lots of special flavors in boudin and blood sausages, here.

Happy 2013 to all of you
Posted By: erich Re: Christmas food - 01/03/13
Made a batch of rolladen, sweet/sour redcabbage and dumplings for Christmas dinner. Horsdoeuvres were pickled beets, herring, and assorted cheeses and sausage.

Rolladen off to a good start
[Linked Image]

Last Christmas it was Canada Goose baked in saurkraut , apples, and potatoes with a honey/horseradish.coarse brown mustard dip.

Mom just sent me the recipe for Fleishsalad.

And as always Asbach Uralt to finish the evening.
Posted By: uncle joe Re: Christmas food - 02/18/13
I say you stole that picture from the internet if you don't post the rolladen recipe.:)
© 24hourcampfire