The Mauser M 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1VMbFNZB-U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M897WtF6ss&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I could like one of each of those.

But I am a rifle slut. smile
Posted By: GRF Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/10/13
Very cool thanks for sharing
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/11/13

Interesting firearm...and in a couple of years they will dump it for a new model, like they always do.
I like the Mauser M12 a lot. Styling appeals to me.
Not very innovative but it looks very fine and it's an all steel action.

It's supposed to be a low cost mauser, but that's very relative, price will probably be over 1500 euros here.

The bolt locking into the barrel has so far been lost on American makers--no? Makes complete sense. Haven't held or seen a Sauer I wouldn't have.
Posted By: brinky72 Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/12/13
The Browning Maral must be a european only release. Not shown for US production on their web page unless it needs to be updated.
Posted By: brinky72 Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/12/13
I like the looks of the Mauser M12 especially how quick and easy the bolt breaks down. Interesting looking rounds that are being fed in and out of it. What are those (brand-type)?
The Browning maral is on the browning international catalog only, up to now.

Those ammos seem to be RWS EVO rounds. Very sophisticated stuff anf too much expensive for its use and performance. They're supposed to offer 99% weight retention but I shot a wild boar with those once and had only 55% remaining. They probably solve their conception mistakes since that time, it was 10 years ago and the bullet was brand new, but they're very expensive and you have the same performance with cheaper bullets.
Posted By: 79S Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/14/13
That browning is pretty sweet set up... I want one but I guess that won't happen anytime soon frown
I like the Browning Maral. I assume the bolt is spring loaded to provide the return to battery. Looks like it would be perfect for your driven boar hunts.

Jim
Browning being a Belgian Amercian company, I'm pretty sure they can arrange some exports to the US just like they use to do with the custom shop guns. If it is possible to get US models in Europe it should be possible to have euro models in US upon special request.

Posted By: brinky72 Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/15/13
What's your opinion of the Mauser M03? Are they accurate and reliable being a "switch barrel" set up. Just curious as I've heard very little on them.
Posted By: rattler Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/18/13
that Maral looks neat and ild actually like to get my hands on one to mess with, in something like 9.3x62 it would be an awesome timber rifle.....BUT why to euro gun makers try and cram as many parts as possible into a rifle? hell of alot of stuff which could go wrong a long ways from home with all the parts....sometimes i think they add parts just to add parts.....
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/19/13
No worries, Sen. Frankenfeinstein won't let it be imported.
Originally Posted by grand_veneur

I like this new Browning! laugh
Originally Posted by castnblast

Yes! It still looks like a hunting rifle. cool
Posted By: johnfox Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/20/13
Originally Posted by castnblast

I can hear one in 7x64 calling out my name..grin
Posted By: Hamburg81 Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/20/13
I've ordered a Sauer 101 - delivery time 3 months frown

Will replace my Sauer 202, won't miss that foolish machine.
Posted By: nathanial Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 03/20/13
Placed my order for a Mauser M 12 Extreme this afternoon! 9.3x62! Was told the end of April beginning of May.
Posted By: Hamburg81 Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 04/03/13
My Sauer 101 Classic XT arrived yesterday.

Don't have a mount yet, range report will follow once it's ready.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 04/03/13
grand veneur,

Thanks very much for posting those videos!

I was recently invited on a hunt in Texas to try out the Sauer and Mauser rifles, but unfortunately was already scheduled up. But they are going to try to get me some rifles to test on my own. I'm really looking forward to it.
It is nice that the gunmakers are still feeding the rifle looneys obsession.
I enjoy seeing all the new temptations
The Browning reminds me of a model I saw a few years back that was like a BAR without the "auto". It was basically a straight pull BAR.
The problem with watching him load that mag with all those cartridges is all I could think of is how a mag full of 333 Jeffery would look being loaded with those long round nose bullets. I'm sorry but I am a rifle looney so excuse me for that
What calibers will be available in the US besides the 30/06 for the M12?
Posted By: johnfox Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 04/04/13
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

But they are going to try to get me some rifles to test on my own. I'm really looking forward to it.

So am I.. grin
Posted By: Hamburg81 Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 04/04/13
Originally Posted by blaser_guy

What calibers will be available in the US besides the 30/06 for the M12?

Both Sauer 101 and Mauser M12 are available in 22-250 Rem., .243 Win., 6,5�55 SE, .270 Win., 7�64, .308 Win., .30-06 Spring., 8�57 IS, 9,3�62, 7 mm Rem. Mag., .300 Win. Mag. and .338 Win. Mag.
I have to mention there is also a new model, named SM12, from Steyr Mannlicher.

It's specificity is its manual cocking system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3BjCkVLwho&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted By: kwg020 Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 06/23/13
The thumb safety seems to be a repeating theme. My vote is for the Sauer. Does it come in 7x57? kwg
I've a friend who has been shooting the Sauer 101 and it is extremely accurate. It was more accurate than any of my bedded rifles including my Sako and my friend Tikka T3.
Posted By: Grand Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 06/26/13
Originally Posted by Hamburg81

Please explain: I thought the 202 was a good weapon. Certainly has a price tag. Is the 101 an updrade or redesign of the 202?
Posted By: AH64guy Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 06/27/13
Originally Posted by Grand
Originally Posted by Hamburg81

Please explain: I thought the 202 was a good weapon. Certainly has a price tag. Is the 101 an updrade or redesign of the 202?

I suspect he may finding out the same thing I did, a smooth and accurate rifle that handles well for me.

But with a 200 and 202, with four barrels between them, I've yet to change one barrel out or even need to.

Not sure why I thought having more barrels was good, but it seemed like a decent idea at the time...
Posted By: GeoW Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 06/29/13
Still looking for a newer Brno 21H, a 1952 model would be nice smile
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 06/29/13
Once I get the rifle I am after I want another one!

Got a 21h a few years ago and I never have hunted with it.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Savage_99 Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 06/30/13
Sauer 101 bolt face:

[Linked Image]

" Sauer boasts that the barrel is heat-pressed into the receiver, with the bolt locking up directly into the barrel. That may sound good, but in reality, this engineering solution makes it extremely difficult to fit a new after-market barrel to the gun."

The barrel is press fitted into the action! frown

Overall I don't favor anything about this Sauer 101 except for the famous Sauer name.
Posted By: 1minute Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 07/04/13
Good to see there is still some wood used.
Posted By: nathanial Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 07/06/13
Originally Posted by nathanial
Placed my order for a Mauser M 12 Extreme this afternoon! 9.3x62! Was told the end of April beginning of May.

Well, it wasn't April or May but I got thenemail this morning that the M12 Extreme 9.3x62 was shipped to my FLL yesterday!

Well, it wasn't April or May but I got thenemail this morning that the M12 Extreme 9.3x62 was shipped to my FLL yesterday!

I look forward to seeing your range report.
Originally Posted by brinky72
The Browning Maral must be a european only release. Not shown for US production on their web page unless it needs to be updated.

Looks like the Maral incorporates some Blaser concepts; i.e, cock/decock lever, straight pull bolt, takedown concept. Interesting. Hopefully, it eschews the detachable magazine/trigger group Blaser so foolishly incorporated into the R8....
Posted By: penates Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 07/18/13

" Sauer boasts that the barrel is heat-pressed into the receiver, with the bolt locking up directly into the barrel. That may sound good, but in reality, this engineering solution makes it extremely difficult to fit a new after-market barrel to the gun."

That was the way that Steyr fit the barrels into the SSG69's and no one has ever cried about their accuracy.
Originally Posted by grand_veneur

A little Blaser R93/R8 inspiration for Browning per chance?
To be honest, Blaser was not the first one to introuce a straight pull action, and Browning already had one in the past (the Browning Acera, but that one was made without the Maral's automatic motion to close the action and load the cartridge). And this one has no face huggin' bolt ...

I would rather consider a lot of BAR inspiration

(The BAR is probably the most popular Browning production around here, at least in Belgium and France. It's THE popular & affordable driven hunt killing machine and the reason why the 300 WM is so popular too).
The Browning appears to be an up dated ACERA which was sold here maybe 8-10 years ago and didn't sell well at all. I had one in o6 and traded as I did't need it with a 308 NM. Cheers NC
Yes but the Acera was derivated from the BAR too. The Maral from the BAR Zenith (the last one, which has the manual cocking device).

Now there is a very big market for the straight pull actions. The SA's are cheaper and quicker but can be less reliable with some ammo and are limited to 2+1 rounds (and fixed mag in some countries).
G V
What calibers does Browning list for the Maral. Thank you for your time. Cheers NC
308Win, 30-06Spr, 300WM, 9.3X62

grand_veneur Thank you Sir. Cheers NC

Posted By: reelman Re: New euro rifles for 2013 - 09/08/13
When pressing the cocking piece on the Browning forward does it make nose like in the video?
I tried one last week and i did hear no sound. Straight pull actions are not my cup of tea but I think there is a very good competition on that market.
© 24hourcampfire