Home
Posted By: battue Czech republic - 03/09/14
Any fire members from there or hunted there? Have seen various articles re their hunting, but can't recall any here. Seems like an interesting place.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Czech republic - 03/11/14
No personal experience but I hear good things about it and Romania.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Czech republic - 03/11/14
I hunted the Czech Republic in 1993, and am getting in the mood to do it again. A wonderful country, with friendly people and GREAT beer--and the hunting ain't bad either! And it's well worth it to do a little touristing as well.

Unfortunately the outfitter I used back then isn't dealing with Czech hunts anymore, so I don't have any contacts.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Czech republic - 03/11/14
I'd get back there before Putin changes the landscape.
I doubt Putin is going to stir up anything with the Czech Republic. For one thing, unlike Ukraine it's a member of NATO. Second, it doesn't have a large Russian population Third, it doesn't have much oil or gas, and no seaport.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Czech republic - 03/11/14
Prague is a great city with lots of ex-pat Americans. It is a really cool place to visit. I went hiking in the Tatras in Slovakia and I can see where there would be some good hunting in the region.
Yeah, Prague is great! My wife and I spent a few days there after the hunt.

Another classic Czech town to visit (and not nearly as large as Prague) is Marianske Lazne--known to many Americans as Marienbad, its German name. Its known for its hot spring spas, but also has great architecture, scenery, food and beer. We stayed there during the hunt, at a B&B run by the folks who owned the local brewery. There was a little refrigerator in the room where we ate our meals with four kinds of beer, from Pilsener to stout, and it magically refilled every day while we were out hunting!
Posted By: rattler Re: Czech republic - 03/11/14
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Another classic Czech town to visit (and not nearly as large as Prague) is Marianske Lazne--known to many Americans as Marienbad, its German name. Its known for its hot spring spas, but also has great architecture, scenery, food and beer. We stayed there during the hunt, at a B&B run by the folks who owned the local brewery. There was a little refrigerator in the room where we ate our meals with four kinds of beer, from Pilsener to stout, and it magically refilled every day while we were out hunting!

why in the hell didnt you bring the magic fridge back to the states?
It wouldn't fit in my duffle bag!
Posted By: yukonphil Re: Czech republic - 03/28/14
John,

pilsner are for german the real name is Pivo ...

Jena Pivo prosim or Dwa Pivo Prosim is always working ...

Phil
Posted By: 4winds Re: Czech republic - 03/28/14
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

why in the hell didnt you bring the magic fridge back to the states?

Please forward price and pics of magic fridge please! What do you think shipping would cost? LMAO
Posted By: hatari Re: Czech republic - 03/28/14
Good beer and good looking women!
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Czech republic - 03/30/14
Gonna go there someday when the kids are bigger and cash isn't as tight. That's where my Dad's family is from originally(probably where I get my good looks wink ), still have (distant)relatives there that we stay in touch with.
Posted By: Dre Re: Czech republic - 03/30/14
I was born there....kind of now. Im Slovakian. I was too young to hunt when I left there, but my dad was a member of hunting club. Duck, deer, fox, and boar from what I remember.
I want to go back and do a a boar hunt. some big nasty boys out there. one of the stories he told. Is he would hunt with his group at night over a mud hole in tree stand and when the pigs came in and were tearing up the soil they'd turn on a flood lights and blast away with their O/U loaded with buck shot.
I think he still talks to some of his buddies from there.
I would want to go up north to low or high tatras.
© 24hourcampfire