Home
Posted By: grand_veneur It's been too long ... - 03/16/15
It's been too long since I had my last actual opportunity to go out and hunt.

I had that hard pneumonia, and still much love pain in the heart, but as spring is coming, my health is much better, I've found a pretty stream to fish just 10 miles away from home, I forgot about my love for my ex-wife, and even start to see shiny stones in the stream, if you know what I mean, Jim, and the woods were calling me yesterday at night.

I felt I was about to kill, it was in the air like electricity, my rifle was shouldered in the right direction before he went out of the woods.

Instant kill of course, neck bone crushed and the TSX went trough.

[Linked Image]

Nasty boy, did your mother never told you to wash your teeth after bathing ?

[Linked Image]

And as a bonus, a red fox came as I was gutting the beast, probably smelling the blood and guts ... So it was not one shot one kill but two shots two kills.

I had to call 2 of my buddies to help me bringing this boy away.
Posted By: CKW Re: It's been too long ... - 03/16/15
Good for you, glad to hear that you are starting to recover from both afflictions!
Posted By: las Re: It's been too long ... - 03/17/15
Shiny stones are good. Shows they are being used..... smile
Posted By: Hamburg81 Re: It's been too long ... - 03/18/15
Waidmannsheil grand veneur!
Waidmannsdanke wink
Hey, Bro !

....so very good to see your post this morning .

Good shooting !

Greg
I feel just like resurrecting smile

[Linked Image]

laugh grin
Posted By: hatari Re: It's been too long ... - 03/18/15
Now you need to show us what cuisine you will put together from the boar!
Posted By: castnblast Re: It's been too long ... - 03/19/15
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story.
Hatari, the meat is shared with the hunting partners (only private lands, here, so we have to group ourselves in partnerships of various kinds to rent the hunting rights, in this case we share almost all the game we bag). On that ground, which is mostly uplands with a little proportion of woodlands, we are 7 partners (no we have no private intercourses with Snow White :p smile ).

I saved a big piece from a rear leg and some boned slices of backstrap in the freezer for BBQs, and grinded about 6 pounds of shoulder meat for my special "al ragù" spaghetti sauce, which i'm going to cook tonight wink
Posted By: eh76 Re: It's been too long ... - 03/25/15
Glad to hear you are on the mend GV!
smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: It's been too long ... - 03/25/15
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: calikooknic Re: It's been too long ... - 03/27/15
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
smile

[Linked Image]

Ssluuurrppp!!! smile
Men, that "al ragù" spaghetti sauce is far better made with that wild boar meat than with the usual beef and pork mix smile
Posted By: MadMooner Re: It's been too long ... - 03/30/15
Nice shootin'!
Your private lands hunting was similar to how we used to hunt in south Arkansas. If a deer was killed, the shooter got a whole hind quarter, the rest of the deer was divided equally amongst all the participants.
© 24hourcampfire