Home
My buddy wants to send his son, who is living in Manchester England, a knife for Christmas. Is there a blade size restriction on knives there? This would be a bowie type fixed-blade knife for display.
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
My buddy wants to send his son, who is living in Manchester England, a knife for Christmas. Is there a blade size restriction on knives there? This would be a bowie type fixed-blade knife for display.

There is no restriction of blade length as such, but be careful how you send it over. Royal Mail have apparently decided to stop transporting "weapons" which is how they will try to classify a bowie type knife ...I would therefore recommend your friend sends it via one of the other parcel services..

Also be careful on the customs declaration. If your friend marks it as a "camping tool" being sent as a gift with a value of less than say $35 he should avoid his son having to pay import duties ect..

Regards,

Peter

Thank you
Originally Posted by Pete E
If your friend marks it as a "camping tool" being sent as a gift with a value of less than say $35 he should avoid his son having to pay import duties ect..

Regards,

Peter

If I was gunna lie I'd do better than that.
It could certainly qualify as camping gear. Kitchen utensils?
We made a replica if a WWI trench knife

Brass Knuckle knife

He had no problem sending it to his son. I was amazed. It was a lot if work carving those knuckles out of brass! Blade was A2 tool steel.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Pete E
If your friend marks it as a "camping tool" being sent as a gift with a value of less than say $35 he should avoid his son having to pay import duties ect..

Regards,

Peter

If I was gunna lie I'd do better than that.

if you were going to spell you'd have to do better too...

The above fits and is on target, a lie would not be.

© 24hourcampfire